• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Accordance 10.4:

I open Phil 2:12 which has a user note. I click on its icon, user note pane is open at the bottom of the screen, but the Bible text in the upper pane is scrolled way back to Gen 1:1… 

And although I still have Phil 2:12 in the search field at the top, clicking there and pressing Enter doesn't bring me back to Phil 2:12.

I have to change verse number to initiate Go To. And when Accordance opens Phil 2:11, it doesn't display user note icon unless I start scrolling or click in the text.

P.S. Could you please use better icon for the user note editing? Current one (pencil) looks too much Windows PC-like…

Edited by Guntis, 08 March 2014 - 05:22 PM.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

On the pencil Icon thing I rather like it, and its handy that its the same (or very similar) in both platforms if you use both, which I do.

Thx

D

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop

Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge

12GB RAM                                8GB RAM

Accordance 10.4.2.1                     Accordance 10.4.2.2 and Aleph 10.4.3b1

OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

On the pencil Icon thing I rather like it, and its handy that its the same (or very similar) in both platforms if you use both, which I do.

Thx

D

I agree that it can be handy (although I disabled it because I didn't like how it appears and disappears, sometimes chaotically), but I don't like how it looks. It reminds me cheap Windows 95 icons. Mac deserves something more :) For that reason I have disabled all custom icons in the highlighter set. They all look ugly and are too small to be useful.

“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#4 Randy Steffens Jr

Randy Steffens Jr

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

Are you guys talking about the little yellow pencil that appears in the right margin when i hover over a word in a Text?  I have been puzzling regarding what that icon is for?  I.e what is it supposed to tell me?  Searched help but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks!

Randy

#5 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

That's it - click on it to add a note on the verse. Its mentioned in the new features list.http://accordancefil... Windows|_____4

Thx

D

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop

Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge

12GB RAM                                8GB RAM

Accordance 10.4.2.1                     Accordance 10.4.2.2 and Aleph 10.4.3b1

OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

#6 Randy Steffens Jr

Randy Steffens Jr

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Ah, clever!  thanks!

#7 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Here's my take on the pencil icon. Instead of a pencil, I'd suggest «plus» sign, to signify that it's about adding new note, not editing. 

Attached Files

• Abram K-J likes this

#8 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Perhaps this would be even better…

Attached Files

• Abram K-J likes this

#9 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Guntis - I'm unable to reproduce your issue that it jumps to Gen 1:1.  Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your workspace before the jump?  From what I understand, you ran a search for Phil 2:12 in the top entry box.  And then you clicked on the notepad icon, such that your notes pane was displayed, but everything scrolled to Gen 1:1?

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#10 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Here's video how it happens. First time today it didn't happen. Second time it did. 

[link removed]

By the way, when I am back at Gen 1:1, when I place cursor in the search field where there is still Phil 2:12 and press Enter, nothing happens. Accordance doesn't bring me back to Phil 2:12 but stays at Gen 1:1. I have to change Bible reference at least by one verse to get back. Also Back button in the lower right corner doesn't help, it just scrolls commentaries to Gen 1:1.

Edited by Guntis, 30 March 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#11 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the video, Guntis.  I believe we've found the issue, so this should be resolved in 10.4.1.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#12 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for the video, Guntis.  I believe we've found the issue, so this should be resolved in 10.4.1.

Thanks! I will remove that video, OK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users