1 reply to this topic

#1 Juan D. Pinto

Juan D. Pinto

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

I've always thought that the iPad would make the perfect tool for a comprehensive historical map of the biblical world. I've often looked in the App Store for something to satisfy my needs but sadly no one has ever done even a somewhat decent job of this, at least as far as I've found. I know that there are plans to bring the Accordance Atlas over to iOS, for which I am very excited. Hopefully this comes sooner than later!

I was just thinking that instead of incorporating it into the Accordance App, it may be more beneficial to create an entirely separate app dedicated strictly to the Atlas. How great would that be! The entire app could be designed with mapping technology in mind. And not only would us faithful Accordance users finally get access to our beloved Atlas, but I think it would also enable many other people out there to experience what a biblical atlas has to offer without having to go through the Accordance App to access it.

Anyway, just an idea.

#2 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Interesting idea, but wouldn't that basically mean giving up on Accordance's main advantages of having tools that integrate and interact with one another? Maybe there could be some sort of inter-app communications, but I always felt that all iOS apps that interact with other apps is a bit rough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, Atlas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users