#1 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Note the unpopulated parts of the contents browser in the LXXG Psalms and Odes module, though there are titles listed in the text/body of the tool itself. I was going to go through and report these through "Report a Correction," but there are a number of them throughout the Prolegomena.

Attached File  Screenshot 2014-04-01 14.43.03.png   196.78KB   0 downloads

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

Accordance 11 on Yosemite: early 2008 iMac / late 2008 MacBook

Latest iAccord on latest iOS on iPad mini

#2 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

(This is the apparatus specifically, I meant to say, although the screencap shows that. Confirmed as also being an issue in iOS, iPad mini.)

Abram K-J

#3 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Gold

• Accordance
  • 218 posts
  • Accordance Version:4.x

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

We've just released version 1.1 of the LXXG Psalms and Odes module which should fix the browser issue.

Mark

• Abram K-J likes this

#4 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Thanks, Mark--yes, it looks much better and is easier to navigate now. Thanks for such a quick fix.

There are still a few rendering issues:

• § 8.1 should read 1. A′’ (in the Tool Browser). It's rendering as 1. AÆ’

• § 9.5: The Greek διαψαλμα is not rendering properly (or even as Greek) in the Tool Browser

• Superscripts (throughout the Browser) don't show as superscripts, as in §5.10. Textmischung in LaR, which should have instead LaRThere are quite a few of these

• § 1.3:  Übersetzungen "’s in andere Sprachen should instead of "’s have 605cff2d58ee1208ca97d2ac0aa6059f.png’s (with a Gothic G, or at least "G")

I believe the second issue may be a limitation with respect to Accordance itself--noted also here.

If the above seems picky, it's only because I've come to expect "research grade" quality/high standards from Accordance texts, and I actually do use the Tool Browser quite a bit to get around and find my place in a tool. The kinds of rendering issues like the ones above make that more difficult.

Are rendering issues like the above a possible locus for future updates in the program/app?

Abram K-J

#5 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thanks, Mark--yes, it looks much better and is easier to navigate now. Thanks for such a quick fix.

There are still a few rendering issues:

• § 8.1 should read 1. A′’ [/size](in the Tool Browser). It's rendering as 1. AÆ’

• § 9.5: The Greek διαψαλμα is not rendering properly (or even as Greek) in the Tool Browser

• Superscripts (throughout the Browser) don't show as superscripts, as in §5.10. Textmischung in LaR, which should have instead LaRThere are quite a few of these

• § 1.3:  Übersetzungen "’s in andere Sprachen should instead of "’s have 605cff2d58ee1208ca97d2ac0aa6059f.png’s (with a Gothic G, or at least "G")
I believe the second issue may be a limitation with respect to Accordance itself--noted also here.

If the above seems picky, it's only because I've come to expect "research grade" quality/high standards from Accordance texts, and I actually do use the Tool Browser quite a bit to get around and find my place in a tool. The kinds of rendering issues like the ones above make that more difficult.

Are rendering issues like the above a possible locus for future updates in the program/app?

Better support for multiple languages / fonts in the Browser is planned. This is the reason for all of those issues. But we'll check them out too.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#6 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Okay--thanks.