Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

A typical workspace setup for me is two zones side by side, with the left-hand zone wider than the right.  Frequently when I amplify to a resource or hit command-N for a new search tab, a third zone appears on the right, below the original right-hand zone.   If I have the instant details window open (as part of the workspace, along the bottom, not a separate floating palette), and then try to move the newly created tab in the bottom right zone to the top right zone, I will be told that there is not enough space for the tab to be moved.  This makes no sense, as there is already a tab of the same size in the zone I'm moving to, and the zone will actually expand vertically because the bottom zone will disappear.  If I close Instant details, I can move the tab with no difficulties.

This is happening on my Mac (OS 10.9.2)  I can't remember if it also happens on my Windows Vista installation, and I'm not at the church to check on that today, but I will try to do so and report back.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#2 Ryan Mudge

Ryan Mudge

Bronze

• Accordance
  • 75 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hi Lorinda,

I encountered the same issue and a simple way for me to fix the issue was to just expand my right-hand zone a bit and then drag the newly created tab in the bottom right zone to the top right zone. You can then expand the left-hand zone back again if you need to.

Ryan

#3 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Ryan,

Thanks.  That works for me sometimes, but it didn't today.  Today all that worked was turning off Instant Details.  In any event, I have a work-around, but I thought I should report the issue.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users