• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical and modern languages, motorcycles, classical guitar, technology
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

I use Accordance 10.4.1 on my Mac and on a Surface Pro running Windows 8.1 Pro. I am unable, however, to get my User Notes files that were created on my Mac, to open in Accordance for Windows. The file type is recognized by Windows as it creates small Accordance icons next to each Notes file when viewing it in File Explorer, but they are not "seen" by Accordance from within the application. This is not via DropBox, rather I transferred the files over. The file extension on the Mac is .acc4

EDIT: I should also mention that highlight sets created on my Mac and transferred to Windows, do appear in my highlights menu option.

Edited by Mark Nigro , 15 April 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Have you added them to Accordance with File -> Open or Add Modules?  Highlights files are automatically added (but have to be in the Highlights folder), while User Notes have to be deliberately added (but can be located anywhere).

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical and modern languages, motorcycles, classical guitar, technology

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Under "File" there is an "open" command only, but that didn't work either. Tried adding modules from the "Library" pane, but my notes still won't show up in the available notes menu.

#4 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Correction to that above post: Notes now appear. Something must have corrupted them during the transfer. I imported them from a fresh copy and Accordance now accepted them and they appear as expected in all my menus. Thanks Joel!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users