3 replies to this topic

#1 yetsirah

yetsirah

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:20 PM

When viewing a Hebrew or Greek text is there a way to make the tagged text display
(in the instant details box) a better Lexicon? Say I am using BHS-W4 and I want to cursor over the
text. Can I have the Instant Details window show me the Halot information instead of the BHS
stuff?

I tend to like to do several things all at once in and this would allow me to work, read the information, and write
as I need it rather than work, move mouse, click tab, read the info, and then write.

Just checking.

j

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

Lexicon entries generally will not fit in the Instant Details (no matter how large), so I would think you'd be better off with a separate window dedicated to HALOT (with recycling turned on) off to the side. Like so:

Attached Files

J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:49 PM

For a more detailed example, check out David Lang's blog post from March 28 here.

Edited by Robb Brunansky, 29 November 2006 - 04:49 PM.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#4 yetsirah

yetsirah

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

First: Sorry about posting here I meant to do it in General Discussions.
Second: Yeah I had thought about it but I am often with several other windows open (reading different texts) and thought it could be nice to have a quick glance at the details. Then if I wanted to really study the detail I found then i could go to the tab that has Halot (or whatever) in it.

Actually I would rather it be in a pane next to my text. But that is a whole nother bundle of worms.

j

Edited by yetsirah, 30 November 2006 - 12:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users