Easy Install of Living God's Word gives an error and causes sluggishness

Chuck Schneider

Accordance 10.4.1, Windows 7 Enterprise, HP compaq computer.

After the download completes and I click Install, Accordances says it can't install because a copy of Living God's Word.atool is already located in C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Tools\Living God's Word.atool

If I then go to the library, I see that Living God's Word is available.

When I open the tool, Accordance becomes very sluggish until I close the tool.

What I mean by sluggish is that the window hesitates for a few seconds while scrolling in the tool. When I move the mouse over other controls, buttons, etc., the interface response slows down and doesn't acknowledge the position of the mouse for a few seconds.

I just installed this module, Win 7, but using the Aleph version beta of 10.4.2. I did not get the error message (which can be ignored in any case), and did not experience sluggishness when opening the module. I am not sure what to suggest for you.

I also get an error when I remove the text from my library. It says that it can't delete the item because it's in use. If I cancel, then it deletes it.

When I detach the Living God's Word tab, only that tab behave so strangely. All the other workspaces work fine again.

I'll try to see if I can get Aleph running. :)

OK, successfully installed a newer version of Aleph (the other one that I used to use was permanently crashing).

The installation of the Living God's Word tool succeeded without an error, but the behavior is the same.

When I move the mouse over and away from the controls (like close window, magnify zone) everything is fine, they appear and disappear quickly as normal.

However, when I scroll through the tool, there are repeated hesitations of about a second or two.

Then, after that, when I move the mouse over and away from the controls (like close window, magnify zone, etc.) there is a delay before they appear and disappear. It is as though the interface can't catch up even to my slow mouse movements.

This happens to any workspace to which the tool is attached.

Edited by Chuck Schneider

I've just noticed that the chapter images in the tool (except for the cover image) are all squashed (both on Windows and Mac).

I've also noticed that I don't have any similar performance issues with that tool on the Mac.

Edited by Chuck Schneider

Playing around a bit, it seems like the hesitation occurs as a result of these chapter images.