#1 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

It would be great if the note window remained the topmost window. For example, I will often times have two tabs I want to switch between while taking notes (e.g., Qumran and DSSB-M). If I want to toggle between these while making a note, the editing window is eclipsed by the Workspace. This betrays the logic, I believe, of the purpose of having a note window open to begin with—to make a note. Could you please make it remain the frontmost window whenever open for editing? Thanks.

• Ken Han and Abram K-J like this

#2 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

If I'm understanding James correctly, the same holds true with User Tools, as well. +1 to the request, both for User Notes and User Tools.

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

Accordance 11 on Yosemite: early 2008 iMac / late 2008 MacBook

Latest iAccord on latest iOS on iPad mini

#3 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Personally I'd like to be able to edit user notes/tools in place without having any kind of dedicated popup window. It would of course require a different identification to make it obvious that it was under edit but ....

BTW, does use of Window -> Arrange->Tile Windows help ? It might for me. Hmmm....

Thx

D

• PastorDavid likes this

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 11.0.1                       Accordance 11.0.1
      OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

#4 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

No, arranging by tile is destructive to setting up my workspaces. Plus, I use the ID in detached—which I've been waiting for an option to force ID as detach.

Editing in context would be nice, but I suspect some issues will delay such a great feature. Also, I really wish (since Accordance compiles the notes as it already is) that simple XHTML mark up would be available for creating fields. It give me more reasons to create notes in Accordance. I am trying to give Accordance notes a serious go, but data markup is somewhat lacking here for my tastes.

As for User tools, it would be really handy if the developers took the EPUB 3 standards and wrote a plug in to convert EPUB (without DRM) into a basic User Tool. Now that would be handy—and provide a one up on a certain competitor!

Edited by James Tucker, 07 May 2014 - 11:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users