5 replies to this topic

#1 Enoch

Enoch

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

After a recent "upgrade" of Accordance, I found that the Instant Details pane was attached to the text window(s) above, attached at the bottom.  Eventually I got it loose, as in previous Accordance editions.  But now I can't find a way to re-attach it.  I have searched Accordance help; I have poked every icon in the I.D. pane.  I have examined I.D. preferences -- all to no avail.

How do I reattach Instant Details?

Tnx in advance for ur help.

#2 Julie Palmer

Julie Palmer

Silver

• Accordance
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Canoeing, Geocaching
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Try closing the window and then re-opening it from either the Toolbar or Windows menu.

#3 Enoch

Enoch

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.  It spontaneously reattached before I read you post, but I didn't know why.  But yes, it reattached after I closed something and reopened.  I still don't understand the system.  There must be some way to detach and reattach.  Or is it that after one detaches, it spontaneously reattaches after closing and reopening?  What is the official way to detach?

Edited by Enoch, 14 May 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#4 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hey Enoch,

As I far as I know detaching is achieved in one of two ways. Hit the lowest icon in the image I have attached. It should be on the left hand side of the ID pane in Mac. It will disappear from the icons once detached.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 8.30.56 AM.jpg   10.08KB   0 downloads

The other way is to click and hold over an item in the text. This is controlled by a preference. If you have an attached ID when you do this it will go away in favour of the popover version.

Reattaching does not appear to be by dragging for redocking as far as I could tell. But if you close the ID popover and then reopen ID - tool bar, key shortcut etc. then it will reattach.

Some in you original post caught my eye though :

"I found that the Instant Details pane was attached to the text window(s) above, attached at the bottom."

I've only ever seen ID on the bottom or to the right, never at the top. That I don't know how to do. Did I misread this sentence and you meant something else ?

Also check out file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/using_insdet_palette.htm?Highlight=instant%20details but it does not explicitly describe reattach procedure.

Thx

D

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 10.4.3.2                     Accordance 10.4.3.2 and Aleph 10.4.3.2
      OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

#5 Enoch

Enoch

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Thanks Daniel for your continual helpful replies.

LOL.  No, I don't know any way to attach to the top.  Let me clarify that sentence, what I meant was:

"I found that the Instant Details pane was attached to the text window, which is above instant details, which are attached at the bottom of the text window."

Now that is a mouthful.

#6 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

Indeed it is :)

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 10.4.3.2                     Accordance 10.4.3.2 and Aleph 10.4.3.2
      OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users