#1 sfarson

sfarson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

Recently purchased the book Paul and Union With Christ.

I have access to the paperback version and was looking forward to taking advantage of the Accordance version so I could go to the scripture index at the back/end of the book, see all the references to a Bible verse, and immediately click and go to that location in the book.  But this section is missing in the book.  The bibliography is there, so is the subject and author indices, along with the footnotes, but the scripture index in the paperback version of the book is not in the Accordance version.

Is this an oversight?  Or, would its inclusion somehow miss with the Accordance way of doing things?

Thanks, Steve

#2 Graham Buck

Graham Buck

Silver

• Accordance
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

All you have to do is a search in the scripture field for what/whichever particular verse/s you're looking for.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 14.49.45.png   59.72KB   0 downloads

You can then cycle through the results with the Mk button.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 14.51.25.png   24.48KB   0 downloads

Edited by Graham Buck, 12 May 2014 - 02:04 PM.

• Ken Han likes this

Graham Buck
Content Development [Ninja]

OakTree Software

#3 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Navigating the scripture index via the page numbers will get you to that page where the scripture reference is mentioned, but will still leave it to you to locate the reference in question within that page. Doing a search as mentioned above will take you to the exact location and highlight the reference, making it far easier a process.

• Rick Bennett likes this

#4 sfarson

sfarson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

OK, thanks!  I tried the scripture search before leaving the forum post, and it wasn't working, but now I see I was typing in a verse reference I was sure was in the book, but wasn't!  Retried with a different verse and it worked great.

#5 EricC

EricC

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Unless I'm missing something, it still seems to me that an electronic book should have the index in the paper edition. Sometimes one just wants to scan the index to see if an author wrote about a particular reference.

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

It's so easy to search for the reference (use an = sign to specify the verse rather than a reference range which includes it). Conversely, it's a LOT of work to create a useful index which accurately links each entry back to the pages or entries in the module. Without such links the index is not very useful. This is why we have not historically included indices in our modules.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users