User Notes Preferences oddities

Abram K-J

Some strange behavior in the Preferences of Accordance--the "Open parallel pane when editing" preference keeps re-checking itself, even though I check it to turn off. This happens any time I re-start Accordance.

Also, I don't know how else to describe this, but all of a sudden, Helvetica font (which has always been my User Note default font) looks different than it used to when I add a new note. EDIT: please disregard this last sentence.

post-31802-0-09478300-1400084296_thumb.png

Accordance 10.4.2.1, 2008 iMac, latest Mavericks.

Edited by Abram K-J

Also, should the font preference for Helvetica in the above screenshot override the font setting for an individual User Notes file? (Lucinda Grande)

I didn't think it should, and I haven't changed anything recently (except updating to 10.4.2.1), but now a new verse note in that same file (set to Lucinda Granda) comes up with Helvetica font.

Okay--something else. Wondering if these are all related.

Note that opening display preferences for NET (and you can see its font in the pane) is automagically wanting to show it as the first font available, Academy Engraved LET. I never selected that, so am not sure what's happening. This is happening with many other texts, too.

Is this because my default display (in Preferences/Text Display) for all Bible and other texts has Academy Engraved LET font? (It did, until about a minute ago.) I think so, so maybe all is well and as expected. However, in Preferences/Text Display, I've never before seen nor selected Academy Engraved LET.

post-31802-0-10485200-1400085213_thumb.png

And, something else, again (perhaps) related. See the screencast and watch the cursor.

Though Preferences/User Files, then "User Notes" is set to NET for "Notes order," note how after moving around in the Preferences a bit (but not changing anything), the same setting automagically becomes DSSGB-C.

If you watch closely, you'll also notice that DSSGB-M somehow pops up as Alternate Text in the Tool Display hypertext, even though NRSVS was selected and never changed.

Any ideas welcomed...this is now on a different computer (late 2008 MacBook), also running Mavericks and 10.4.2.1. This is reproducible for me.