'report a correction' menu item does not work

Anthony Sepulveda

[Acc 10.4.2.2, W8.1, HP Pavilion g6-2306el]

When I click on the menu item "Help --> Report a Correction", Accordance opens a new browser window (I use Chrome), and does nothing else.

What is your default email program? Report a correction should open a new email and populate it.

Hi Lorinda,

My default mail client is Outlook 2013. Come to think of it, before I was just using Windows 8's Mail app, and back then the "Report a correction" feature was working as normal. Hope this info helps.

Thanks,

--anthony

Hi Joel,

Thanks; this tip helped me solve the problem. I guess that after I set Chrome as the default browser, it also took the liberty to set itself as the default mail client. So I answered wrong: I _thought_ Outlook was my default mail program, but at one point it was changed to Chrome, and I noticed it only now.

So, problem solved then. Thanks again!

On my machine clicking "Report A Correction" used to bring up MS Outlook. The problem is that I don't use Outlook; I use Yahoo mail. So I tried to change my default mail client, but MS wouldn't let me change it. So I uninstalled Outlook. Now when I click "Report A Correction" I get a dialog saying, "Could not perform this action because the default mail client is not properly installed."

BTW: If I click on the link mailto:test@test.com in the posting above, it takes me to the Yahoo Mail sign in screen.

Hi Doug,

What version of Windows are you using?

Hi Doug,

Try these steps, and see if they work (I'm not sure, since you said that MS wouldn't let you change the default mail program):

1. Click on the Start Button

2. Click on "Default Programs"

3. Click on "Set your default programs"

4. (supposing you already have the Yahoo! Toolbar installed) click on "Yahoo! Mail" among the programs on the left

5. Click on "set this program as default" on the right, and click OK.

Cheers,

--anthony

Hi Anthony,

I tried following your instructions. Here's what I did. First, I made Internet Explorer my default browser (normally I don't use IE). Then I installed the Yahoo toolbar into Internet Explorer. Then I went to "Default Programs" as you suggested, but "Yahoo Mail" was not on the list. I think you may be using Win 8. I'm still on Win 7 so maybe that explains why your instructions don't work for me.

Thanks for your help!

Doug