• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davidmedina

davidmedina

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

I want to use my iPad to teach a Bible class. I do have an Apple TV and my iPad does aurally, but the place I will be teaching does not have a wifi network.

Is there a way that I can create a wifi network between my iPad and Apple TV if the place does not have a wifi network?

Thanks

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#2 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

I think you might need a laptop, either air or macbook to do this.  After that it's relatively easy through wi-fi settings.  I'm not sure if it can be done from an iPad alone - Though I would be interested if anyone has found a way to do that.

Paul M.

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,441 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

I don't know of any way to do this from an iPad. It's easy enough to use a computer to create the network though, then let the Apple TV and iPad both share it.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#4 jeremyduncan

jeremyduncan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Doesn't help you right now but with the release of iOS8 this fall iOS devices will be able to automatically connect (using ad hoc networks) to Apple TVs for AirPlay sharing without the need for a WiFI Network.

Edited by jeremyduncan, 19 June 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

I bought AirDisplay (as I wanted to mirror on my iPad what was being projected, not got what I wanted but that is a different story). Anyway, on their website http://www.avatron.c...y/#toggle-id-17 if you scroll down to features, they give advice on how to set up an ad hoc network for mac and windows if you have a laptop.

Other than that, have you an old router lying round from a previous service provider? You don't need to be connected to the internet but just hook up a local network.

Edited by ukfraser, 19 June 2014 - 05:48 PM.

Fraser Sims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users