Copy as Citation Bug

Randy Steffens Jr

Copy as Citation sometimes doesn’t work properly. When the space before or after a verse is included in a selection, then copying as citation references the current and preceding verse, when none of the preceding verse was actually selected.

This is not always perfectly reproducible. Sometimes it does not occur. It seems to depend partly on the paragraph layout of the text that is open, and also whether the selection is highlighted in the forward or backward direction. But so far, I have only seen the citation include the current verse and preceding verse, not the current and subsequent verse. And even more strangely, including the space after a verse in a selection, has sometimes resulted in the citation including the reference for the preceding verse!

Thanks for looking into this,

Randy

I can confirm this bug. When the space before a verse is included in a selection, then copying as citation references the current and preceding verse, even though none of the preceding verse was actually selected.

Ryan

Just a reminder that no citation appears at all when citing the One Volume New Interpreter's Commentary. When I want to cite it I need to go about the text. I realize some may desire to see something like GLENN D. PEMBERTON, "PROVERBS" in The New Interpreter’s Bible: One-Volume Commentary but a simple general Beverly Roberts Gaventa and David Petersen, Editors, The New Interpreter’s Bible: One-Volume Commentary (NIB One Volume) Copyright © 2010 by Abingdon Press. Would be fine for me.

-Dan