• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:old houses, antiques, gardens, fresh food, good coffee, live music
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hi,

I already posted this as a reply at http://www.accordanc...?showtopic=9353, but I think it is worthy of its own post.

I bought my first iPad (and first Mac product) a few weeks ago, and I spent half of yesterday installing AnyFont and Unicode Pad on it (both $1.99).

With AnyFont I was able to install my preferred fonts that I use in Windows - e.g., Ezra SIL for Hebrew, Galatia SIL for Greek, various Phoenician and Paleo-Hebrew fonts, Libronix Apparatus Font, etc. They all work in Pages.

After you install AnyFont, copy any font to Dropbox, open it in Dropbox with AnyFont, and tap on it to install it. The new font will appear in Pages after you close and restart it.

With Unicode Pad I was able to type Hebrew consonants and vowels in Ezra SIL or any preferred font, with my custom keyboard. You could do the same for any language. Turn on "Use Extended Fonts," go to Unicode Scripts, and find your language.

Unicode Pad is like the Character Map in Windows, only better with regular and customizable keyboards and an editor in the same program. You can use it for any Unicode character, e.g., Hebrew accents.

I hope this helps.

Michel Gilbert

iPad

iOS 7.1.1

• Rick Bennett, Timothy Jenney, Dan Francis and 1 other like this

Accordance 11.0.2 for Windows 8.1 Pro

Dell Inspiron 17r-5721 with Intel Core i7 3537U CPU, x64

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,862 posts