iOS Bible study RANGE Grammatical Tag Outside Matthew

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

[Accordance iOS: Study] This study of Matt. 6:25-33 is the first of the Accordance Outside series, which uses Accordance iOS for in-depth Bible studies while on the go. This study uses a verb search in Greek, cross-references from the enhanced Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, and notes from the Gospel Transformation Bible.

http://youtu.be/ZL-ISmG1zUQ

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 08 July 2014 - 09:46 AM.

• Serpentium likes this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#2 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Awesome podcast with a personal touch. After watching it I did a "Search All" of my dictionaries and read some excellent articles in the Zondervan Bible Encyclopedia on "flora" and "fauna." The article on Bird Migration was especially valuable.

Thanks for integrating some of the newly available tools into the podcast as well. 

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#3 JeffCheadle

JeffCheadle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Nicely done, Dr. J. And thanks for the head's up on Bird Migration, Tony! The podcast once again reminded me that we're still waiting for the iOS version of Accordance to allow page turning as an alternative to scrolling. But I digress. Great job!

Edited by JeffCheadle, 08 July 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Thanks, guys!

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#5 Serpentium

Serpentium

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Well done!
I wish i knew how to have all those highlights on my iPad...
I think I love your voice, your tone, your humble way to teach. You are great!

#6 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

Thanks, Serpentium!

I designed the set of highlights on Accordance on my Mac, then synced my iPad with Accordance on my Mac. it's important to make sure the Highlights file you want on your iPad is selected for sync in the dialog box. You'll be up and highlighting in no time!

• davidmedina likes this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#7 davidmedina

davidmedina

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

Great as usual. I really like that you demonstrated the features in action as applied to real life study. Love it. I can't wait for the big iOS accordance update.

Thanks.
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#8 Serpentium

Serpentium

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

You know what I dream?

The possibility to choose from a selection/list [VERB imperative] or other ideas for a bible word study.

Maybe even graphically, with ideas and examples.

e.g. a three columns with

SEARCH TYPE            SEARCH EXAMPLE                     SEARCH IDEAS               

[VERB]                        [VERB imperative]                         ie search for commands and rules, ordered grammatically

#9 davidmedina

davidmedina

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Thanks Dr. J for the recommendation of Dr. Gordon Fee's New testament Exegesis. Got it. Reading it. Using it. Applying it. Loving it. Thanks.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#10 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Wonderful, David! Happy to hear you are enjoying it.

I discovered the book at a critical time in graduate school. I had learned all the methods, but was never taught how to put them together. Fee and Stuart's books helped enormously. I was later able to thank Gordon Fee personally. He was a guest lecturer at a college where I was a faculty member; I was honored to be able to have him address my class in Bible Study Methods.

• Julie Palmer and davidmedina like this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#11 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study...I am an active member of KI (Chuck Missler ) and seek to understand and apply the Bible to my life...I bought Accordance to help with my original language studies..I would like to be able to understand what the writers meant to say (I realize there are multiple meanings in the same verses)..not just depend on a translation...

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

[Accordance iOS: Study] This study of Matt. 6:25-33 is the first of the Accordance Outside series, which uses Accordance iOS for in-depth Bible studies while on the go. This study uses a verb search in Greek, cross-references from the enhanced Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, and notes from the Gospel Transformation Bible.

http://youtu.be/ZL-ISmG1zUQ

Dr J.,

I enjoyed the podcast  as I do for all of your podcasts..I liked the "kayak" look...thanks so much for taking the time to continue to provide training on Accordance resources..

Frank

#12 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

[chuckle]

Thanks, Frank!

The series actually sprang from a query I got at SBL: "Why do you have all those books in your office, if everything is on Accordance?"

I've actually just been using them as a backdrop (a stage setting) for years now. Figured it was time to show viewers Accordance really was portable—and all the kinds of different places I really study the Bible! :-)

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#13 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Custom User Atlas Layer that did not make the podcast:

Attached File  Great Rift Valley Flyway.png   910.83KB   1 downloads

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, Bible study, RANGE, Grammatical Tag, Outside, Matthew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users