Photos of Bible Map Transparencies Needed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'm planning another retrospective podcast, comparing Accordance's Atlas with those Bible map transparencies of yesteryear. [I hated those things!]. I've long since thrown mine away.

Does anyone still have any—or photos of them in use? I'm in need of some good photos for the podcast. Please send them to me at drj@accordancebible.com.

Thanks!

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#2 JAC

JAC

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Religion, writing, thinking, having a good time with good people
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

In grad school, (studied for MS in Ed. Tech) we learned to MAKE the basic transparencies but you could also BUY the ones that were printed on a press in multi-colors. We also learned some good ways to use transparencies for teaching. (Things like don't look into the light, use a sheet of paper to disclose items in a list, etc.) But I found that being able to MARK on the transparency with a washable marker allowed me to be spontaneous in class to meet the demands of the students. With premade slides (either on transparencies or in software/projection) you have to either be omniscient and make a bunch of slides you might never use or flay your arms about in the air trying to get the students to follow what point you are making.

{I just flashed on a scene from the future where the teacher has access to a computer that generates the slides on the fly based on the thoughts of the teacher. Then the question is what kind of filter do you have to have to keep thoughts of the attractive student or the desire for a roast beef sandwich being displayed for all to see?}

I kind of like the old system for its pluses that I don't see being met with the electronic versions. However, I also appreciate the advantages of the modern electronic media and have learned to use them when I have access to them.

JAC

#3 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Rose has transparent overlays in recent atlases, but since Accordance sells Rose, maybe you want a different foil. :)

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

Accordance 11 on Yosemite: early 2008 iMac / late 2008 MacBook

Latest iAccord on latest iOS on iPad mini

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

JAC,

There are a number of screen drawing programs that will allow you to draw over anything displayed on your computer. That includes anything in Accordance, even the Atlas.

If that's something you'd like to do, consider Ultimate Pen, Ink2Go or Dosari on the Mac. This podcast reviews those programs.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

#5 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
    Yosemite 10.10.1

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

JAC,

There are a number of screen drawing programs that will allow you to draw over anything displayed on your computer. That includes anything in Accordance, even the Atlas.

If that's something you'd like to do, consider Ultimate Pen, Ink2Go or Dosari on the Mac. This podcast reviews those programs.

Just a little errata...

I think Tim means Doceri (not Dosari)

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#6 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

Oops, Ken is correct.

Just a conflation of one of my  favorite sci-fi series with the app.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#7 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

I did wonder - and funnily enough I was discussing a Dorsai reference yesterday. A very nice piece of SF.

Thx
D

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 11.0.1                       Accordance 11.0.1
      OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users