Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Today, 11:05 AM

I have made multiple attempts at updating modules on my iPhone 5S and iPad 2 via synch with desktop Accordance (Mac) using Wi-Fi. The desktop Accordance indicates that it is updating (11 modules). Another run updates the same 11 modules. Checking for updates on the iOS device tells me that those 11 modules need updating. Shutting down all devices and restarting does not correct the problem.

Accordance for Mac 10.4.3 [Mac OS X 10.9.4] Accordance for iOS 1.7.4 [iOS 7.1.2]

Michael

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,940 posts

Posted Today, 12:09 PM

Have you tried creating an Ad Hoc Network (in the WiFi menu)? If so, please send a list of the modules that refuse to update, so we can check them out. I know there is also a post about modules that will not install, and we are still looking into that.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted Today, 12:39 PM

Have you tried creating an Ad Hoc Network (in the WiFi menu)? If so, please send a list of the modules that refuse to update, so we can check them out. I know there is also a post about modules that will not install, and we are still looking into that.

Helen

Thank you. I tried this (ad hoc network, MacBook Air and iPad 2), but it did not solve the problem. I never had this problem with my home LAN using  an Apple Airport. I did not have any issues with previous versions of iOS, Mac, or Accordance software with this particular feature.

On my iPhone 5S, I did upgrade my modules directly over the Wi-Fi network using update, performing it in batches. When I had three left, I tried synching with desktop Mac, and it again failed.

The modules are IVP-Pocket Dictionaries, BDAG, NA28 Crossrefs, GNT-T Notes, NETS2 Notes, Catholic Study Bible, ESV Notes, BHS Guide, Catholic Code of Canon Law in English, Pratico-Van Pelt Hebrew, and Four Views of Baptism

NB: I seem to recall that Concise DCH flashed on the screen the first time I attempted this task, and it did update.

Michael

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: synch, modules, iOS, Mac OS, Wi-Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users