NRVS vs NRVS2

davidmedina

What is the difference between the NRSV and the NRSV2? (Sorry for misspelling it in the title. Couldn't find how to correct it)

Thanks

Edited by davidmedina

All text modules and many tool modules with 2 in the file name contain sections of the text that are duplicated in the LXX, such as different versions of Joshua, Esther, and Daniel. This allows you to view them in parallel, and is the only way that Accordance can handle sections of text with duplicate verse references.

Thanks Helen, but I am still a bit lost. Can you point me to an example that I can see?

See here for parallel versions of Esther in NRSV:

post-5629-0-81080900-1405970596_thumb.png

Thanks Rick, I see it now.

Is that I try that using the NETS and NETS2 and could not see difference in Joshua 1.

Follow up question. I tried doing that for Joshua 1 and noticed that the NRSV2 is blank. Is that normal? Does it only shows the differences and where is the same it will be blank? Am i right on my assumption?

Is the NETS and NETS 2 the same situation?

Thanks

The differences occur later in Joshua in NETS. See here:

post-5629-0-50769200-1405971604_thumb.png

To get an understanding of what's going on in NETS see the very detailed notes and book introductions (in NETS Notes). We do not have an equivalent for NRSV, but you can get a more broad understanding of the textual basis from here.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rick Bennett

Thanks. Its clear now.