Changing reference material

ukfraser

Linked to the the two windows of reference material, if I open a text and a second window, I can select reference from the drop down at the top of both windows. However, if I open a single reference material, like WBC or EBC, the title bar is fixed and I cannot choose other reference materials from the drop down, so to open something else I have to go to the library.... Any chance of getting the single reference window tab to be drop down selection as well so can quickly change reference tools.

Thanks.

Linked to the the two windows of reference material, if I open a text and a second window, I can select reference from the drop down at the top of both windows. However, if I open a single reference material, like WBC or EBC, the title bar is fixed and I cannot choose other reference materials from the drop down, so to open something else I have to go to the library.... Any chance of getting the single reference window tab to be drop down selection as well so can quickly change reference tools.

Thanks.

If you go to the search view you can select another module, then perform a search (a blank or * search will display all content).

Thanks rick, not convinced search is any quicker by time switched keyboard etc (* seems best! couldn't activate search with blank or space bar) compared to library and still considerably less direct than when in text view with just switching via menu bar

;o)

Thanks rick, not convinced search is any quicker by time switched keyboard etc (* seems best! couldn't activate search with blank or space bar) compared to library and still considerably less direct than when in text view with just switching via menu bar

;o)

I agree that it isn't very quick. I'm thinking there is some reason why Tools aren't like Texts in this regard; I'll check.

Yeah, I just like consistency between views. For me, forScore has got the interface honed with the use of the menu bar and the other ways they package their user interface. It's the standard I judge all my other apps against. ;o)

(But I really like what you do with the content and have no regrets that I bought into your system compared to others.)

Update: I hadn't really noticed before as I mainly used text. It's only since all these marvellous sales where I have bought all these excellent general tools, that I noticed it!

Edited by ukfraser

With text modules in reading mode we try to remember what verse you were at and open the switched to text to the same place if possible.

I suppose we could try to do something like that for reference tools but any other tool we could just open to the beginning of the switched to module.

I agree this would be a nice feature for reference tools. English, Greek, and Hebrew tools could go to the same article (the one currently at the top of the pane). I have no idea what General Tools would do, as they are so varied in both content and organization.

This would give our interface more consistency.+1

1+

Not sure how it's done in kindle and adobe reader, but would it be possible for the resources to remember where they were last time they were used. With Botha those apps, each text is opened where I last was reading it.

I suppose we could try to do something like that for reference tools but any other tool we could just open to the beginning of the switched to module.

I've thought the same thing--having it remember your place could be a nice feature. There are Bookmarks to do this, but the disadvantage to these, of course, is that you can't sync between iOS and desktop, so it wouldn't really help you if you were going back and forth.

As a workaround to what ukfraser suggests, recently I've been using a unique highlight style for underlining my "place" in a book--this does sync across devices/platforms, so it's at least a way to keep my place and easily find it. I don't use that highlight style for anything else except a sort of syncable bookmarking.

If you are just reading modules then the iOS app already remembers your place in any previously opened module. Of course, only the currently opened module place is synced via iCloud to other iOS devices.

Edited by Scott Knapp

Hi Scott, thanks, just trying to clarify your earlier post where you said 'beginning'

;o)

As you say currently they remember where I was and I would like that maintained

to

but any other tool we could just open to the beginning of the switched to module.

It comes from writing too many user requirements, user stories and use cases and then test cases! ;o(

Edited by ukfraser