Douglas Fyfe

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Hi there

using 10.4.3.2 (last updated 18/7/14) on Windows 8.1 on Samsung ultrabook.

So all my notes got eaten - dropbox was syncing lots while it happened, and only my last few notes were visible.

I could scroll through where the other notes were - the location bar scrolled through as i scrolled the text - but nothing was visible. I tried copying and pasting the blankness into word but there was truly nothing there -just space.

i checked on my phone and despite syncing every few minutes, no notes i'd taken on a pc were there, including the most recent ones - the ones that still worked.

So i tried to restart, and now Accordance won't open at all - eek!

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,979 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM

I cannot answer issues of the syncing and the user notes, but I suggest you remove the Startup session from User Preferences:    C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences.

On the PC your user files are in Accordance files:  C:\Users\[user name]\My Documents\Accordance Files.

Also Dropbox keeps earlier versions of synced files so you may find something there.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Douglas Fyfe

Douglas Fyfe

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Thanks Helen

Can you tell me which of these is the startup session Attached File  acc prefs.PNG   68.06KB   0 downloads I should delete?

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,979 posts

Posted Today, 02:49 AM

There isn't one, so try renaming or deleting the General file which may be corrupt. You won't lose mush in the way of settings but you will need to register the copy again.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Douglas Fyfe

Douglas Fyfe

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted Today, 05:21 AM

Have done that.
Now it's freezing on Accordance Registration. 
It has no problem validating the account, but as soon as I hit continue (or skip if I leave it out) it freezes and windows shuts it down.
Any more suggestions?

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,979 posts

Posted Today, 09:12 AM

Get a Mac ;)

Seriously, you will have to work with tech support. That's hard from Australia. I'll see what I can find out.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 Billy32792

Billy32792

• Accordance
  • 18 posts

Posted Today, 10:17 AM

Hi Doug,

We are in Eastern time in Florida here. It's 11:00 a.m. right now. We are 13 hours behind you there. The best bet will be to make sure that you have your Accordance Files folder backed up somewhere on a flash or external drive in addition to Dropbox just to be safe. If you can download Teamviewer from www.teamviewer.com and send us your User ID and password and then make sure that your Power Options in Control Panel have your computer sleep to 'Never' (for now) and leave your computer on, we can get on your computer and try to correct this issue for you while you sleep. You can send your User ID and password to support@accordancebible.com. Thanks,

Billy 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users