Photo

Doesn't Accordance do this for a lot less $?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 12:18 PM

http://www.christian...ders-bible.html

"With two days left, Greene's goal of raising $37,000 to print a Bible "designed and crafted for reading, separated into four elegant volumes, and free of all numbers and notes" has been met several times over."

Edited by Chuck Schneider, Yesterday, 12:21 PM.

#2 davidmedina

davidmedina

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.

Posted Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Interesting...

I am for whatever will get people into the Word.

But, oh boy, he will have a lot of spare change. Wonder if he would consider making a donation to the "cause" of me completing my Accordance library? :)

• Dan Francis and PhilT like this
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#3 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,736 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted Yesterday, 01:07 PM

Could this be a sign of the resurgence of the ASV? I can think of one Accordance user who would love that. :)

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#4 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 PM

To each there own I suppose... the only way I personally particularly like ASV is World English Bible. Which is significantly updated and I am not sure acceptable to true ASV fans.

-Dan

#5 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens

Posted Yesterday, 02:59 PM

I think it is more a sign of what people are really looking for in a print Bible - one that is easy to read without a lot of distractions. It uses book paper not the tissue paper found in most print Bibles.The Bible was made to be read: all of it.

This version of the ASV has been "lightly edited" - removal of thee and thou, etc. mostly.

The complete article from the Bibliotheca website clarifies the goal of the project. He isn't spending $37,000 on one Bible but is producing print Bibles for interested parties who prepay at different levels of participation. A complete version of the OT & NT is $75. That seems a very reasonable amount to pay for a Bible that is designed with the reader in mind.

As you might guess I still use print Bibles quite a bit. The physical form of the book still has great value to me. But I have not jumped on board with the Biblitheca project as of this time.

• Dan Francis likes this
Peace!

Greg

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

#6 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,428 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted Yesterday, 03:03 PM

Hmmm..., I wonder what he'd charge for an "incomplete OT & NT," one with all the "thou shalt not" passages removed that address my "favorite" sins? ;)

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#7 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Surgeon

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 PM

Could this be a sign of the resurgence of the ASV? I can think of one Accordance user who would love that. :)

English RV please Rick! Better marginal choices IMHO! (for the most part anyway)

Regards
Ken
Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#8 Graham Buck

Graham Buck

Silver

• Accordance
  • 114 posts

Posted Today, 06:58 AM

English RV please Rick! Better marginal choices IMHO! (for the most part anyway)

I'm going to play the pessimist and say it's the ASV because it's royalty free and not the RV because, well Ken, let's just be honest, many people over here would really rather have the MSV, the 'Murican Standard Version. (If that reference doesn't translate internationally) ;)

Graham Buck
Content Development [Ninja]

OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users