Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

[Windows version]

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble configuring the WBC-OT and WBC-NT to work as my default commentaries for the Bible texts.

In the library, I put WBC-OT and WBC-NT (in that order) as the first two modules under "Reference Tools".

Now, when I go to, say John 15:13, when I triple-click on the verse reference, the WBC-OT opens, but to a place that simply refers to the verse (or even broader, the first hit is a reference to chapters 14-17). I was expecting it to open WBC-NT, directly where the commentary to the verse is.

However, when I Ctrl-Hover over the verse references, I get the desired result (WBC-NT on John 15:13).

How do I configure these two modules so that the commentary shows when I triple-click?

Thanks,

--anthony

#2 jeremyduncan

jeremyduncan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

WBC is written in a bit of a strange format where each section/pericope has an Introduction, Translation, Verse by Verse commentary, and then is followed by an Explanation that recaps the entire section. This could be the issue.

#3 antxon

antxon

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, could be that. But I what I'm not sure about is whether a triple-click on the verse reference should show the same information as the Ctrl+hover (or Ctrl+prolonged click) on the verse reference; well, at least that's how it worked when I was using the Tyndale commentary as the default.

But I'm still without a solution, though.

Thanks,

--anthony

#4 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

I may be wrong on this but my understanding is that Accordance will try to find the reference in the first commentary in the list. Only when it does not find a reference does it go to the second commentary set in your list. I can't confirm your situation because I do not have access to my laptop at the moment.

In this case as it has found a reference in WBC OT it will not then try to find it in WBC NT - even if the reference is 'better' in the NT. I do not think Accordance treats these as one set as far as triple click is concerned - but I may be wrong.

#5 antxon

antxon

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hi Steve,

Yes, I thought that was the case with the triple-click as well. What I'm wondering now is how to make the triple-click work like Ctrl-Hover or Ctrl-ClickAndHold on the John 15:13 verse reference, which "knows" how to skip WBC-OT (although it has 1 broad reference) and went straight to the commentary in WBC-NT.

Thanks,

--anthony

#6 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,493 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:01 PM

This should be improved in the next version of Accordance, so the Command/Ctrl-Hover and Triple Click work a bit more similarly.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users