6 replies to this topic

#1 jkdoyle

jkdoyle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

No matter how many options I try (removing the "use previous user note" in preferences, opening other user notes manually and editing them, reordering the user notes in the library, etc.) I cannot get ctrl-U to select anything other than one particular user note to edit.  It opens the same one over and over. 

Any advice?

Thanks

Jimmy

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

See if you can open any of your other User Notes (from the Accordance menu, the Library, or add any of them to your text as a parallel pane). If you can, at least you'll know that the files are still present and not corrupted.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#3 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Please forgive me if this sounds stupid, but have you clicked somewhere in the body of the note you want to edit?  Do you have more than one User Notes file?

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

#4 jkdoyle

jkdoyle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

I can open the other notes files (I have about 6 note files for various uses), and I can click and edit them...but I can't open them to the verse reference for which I want to add a note by using CTRL-U.  It always defaults to one particular file.

It's very frustrating.

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Do you have this one particular note open somewhere?  Maybe in a workspace you aren't using as much?  If Accordance finds a note already open and in use it will default to that one instead.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#6 jkdoyle

jkdoyle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

AH!  Joel!  You've nailed it. There was a window opening under my main workspace every time I opened Accordance that I couldn't see.  It had that note file open!  Simple fix and end to my  (unnecessary) frustration.

Thanks!

#7 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

OK.  I had only one User Notes file.  So I created another, clicked within the body of Eph 1:23, and got this:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 11.49.28 AM.jpg   33.69KB   0 downloads

So everything works as expected here.  But I'm in Accordance 10.4.3.2 on a 1-yr old Air running OS 10.9.4.  Are you still in Accordance 8?  What OS?  I think you many need help from the tech folks.

I'd also highly recommend upgrading if you can swing it.  I know that some can't.  The new features are and modules make it a worthwhile investment.

Edited by Julie Falling, 07 August 2014 - 10:57 AM.

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users