Bug 10.4.3 Application Crashes While Hovering Over Hyperlinks

ugotdave

I am running an older IBM/Lenovo 1.66 GHz T2300 1 CPU (has dual processors), 2GB RAM, SATA 500GB HDD, Win XP SP3.

Currently I have no issues with any software programs and really never had. The Laptop has been a solid machine from the beginning. I re-formatted about 2 years and installed the factory XP O/S.

Recently I installed Accordance on the machine.

When clicking on - Help | About Accordance from the Menu, it says 'Version 10.4.3.2

When checking for App Updates it says 'You're up to date!" Accordance 10.4.3.5683

When checking Content Updates, I am up to date as well, so it appears that the Program and Content Modules are all current.

The Application will crash, when I have the ESVS open with a parallel text such as my JNT Commentary, while hovering over the hyperlinks in the commentary. See Screen Shot. I do have the Instant details window open as well.

In the screen shot you will see on the commentary, Hosea 11.1, Exodus 4.22, and Matthew 1.23, 2.6. If I move my mouse cursor over these hyperlinks fast, the Application will crash, it will close Immediately. I also got it to crash in the Life Application Study Bible Commentary as well at the same scripture referance, Matthew 2.15. I was able to capture this of a short video with my wifes help. I tried to upload the video but it failed, I can email if needed.

post-31724-0-99964700-1407711814_thumb.png

Hi, Dave. A question for you as we try to reproduce this error. Does the crash only occur if you move quickly over the hyperlinks, or does it occur anytime you hover over any scripture link in your JNT Commentary or Life Application Study Bible Commentary?

Joel, I am calling any linked text a hyperlink. It seems to be reproducible over the scriptures hyperlinks that would popup in the Instant Details box.

It happens when hovering over hyperlinks and typically moving between them fast, but can happen if you move slow or just hover over a link in general.

I have tuned off the Instant Details option for now and have not had any crashes.

I also noticed that some of the Hyperlinks in the JNT Commentary do not populate in the Instant Details box, but if you click on them they go to the scripture reference. For example: Matthew 3:1

"Temple, observant Jewish women immerse themselves in a mikveh (ritual bath) after each menstrual period,

in obedience to Leviticus 15; see MJ 13:4N."

Where Leviticus 15 works, but MJ13:4 will not show up in the Instant Details box. The author uses "MJ" for the book of Hebrews. Should I report this in a separate topic?

If you type Control-T in the JNT Commentary, what texts are listed under Hypertext Text and Alternate text?

ESVS in both fields.

post-31724-0-74364500-1407804952_thumb.png

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this issue, even hovering over the same links in JNT Commentary on XP SP3. I'd recommend you contact technical support (http://www.accordancebible.com/Support) so they can spend some time with your system and diagnose the issue.

Thank you Joel for looking into this, I do appreciate your time.