Reference Tool Search Tool Tab Tool Zone Search Fields

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,521 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

We often have queries here on the forum about material that is "missing" from commentaries and other Reference Tools. It's actually there—and can be viewed and accessed several different ways.

Check it out!

http://youtu.be/IXasBJ-Y9iQ

Attached Files

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 26 August 2014 - 09:47 AM.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#2 Serpentium

Serpentium

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

I didnt get it. 

Maybe I was expecting another type of episode, like the previous one.

Anyway, Dr.J always so cool in his explanations; I wish I have his joyful soft voice!

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,521 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

[chuckle] No problem, Serpentium, you may just be more familiar with the Accordance user interface than many of our users. Trust me, we get many questions about "missing material" here on the forums and in support. More often than not, the person is only opening the Reference Tool in a parallel pane, so they're missing everything but the verse-by-verse commentary. We designed this [Basic] podcast to address that specific issue.

One of the challenges in producing these podcasts is to address the very wide array of needs among our users. We have people who are brand new to Accordance—and just beginning their study of the Bible.

On the other side, we have users who have been with us from the beginning and are experts in their respective sub-fields of biblical studies, like Emmanuel Tov, Bill Mounce, or Dan Wallace,

Our podcasts are labeled Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Greek, Hebrew, [Bible] Study, and (occasionally) [a review of a specific] Module. We do that to let viewers know what general audience each podcast tries to address.

Sounds like you're a fan of the Bible Studies. We'll have more of these in the near future, I promise.

• Julie Falling, danieleburrow and Pchris like this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#4 Serpentium

Serpentium

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Sounds like you're a fan of the Bible Studies. We'll have more of these in the near future, I promise.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS

you are just awesome

• danieleburrow and Timothy Jenney like this

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:07 AM

Dr J, thanks. But it made me realise just how different iOS is from the full fat accordance!

However, after a long day at the office working on a computer, the last thing I want to do is come home and switch mine on, I would rather curl up on the sofa with a coffee, an iPad and some good apps.

;o)
Fraser Sims

#6 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Dr J, thanks. But it made me realise just how different iOS is from the full fat accordance!

However, after a long day at the office working on a computer, the last thing I want to do is come home and switch mine on, I would rather curl up on the sofa with a coffee, an iPad and some good apps.

;o)

I sure understand! At this point, I'd recommend a MacBook Air or a Windows tablet, as both will run "full fat Accordance." We're busy working on upgrades to Accordance iOS, though, so stay tuned for some improvements.

• Serpentium likes this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

#7 JSGilliom

JSGilliom

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

Dr. J,

Thanks so much for this podcast. It helped me set up more efficient workspaces for the kind of study I often do.

Blessings,

John

• Timothy Jenney likes this
John S Gilliom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reference Tool, Search, Tool Tab, Tool Zone, Search Fields

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users