What is "Isaiah_A" in PSEUD_T?

timothylfox

Hello, could someone please explain what "Isaiah_A" is within the PSEUD_T module? When I pair it with PSEUD_CW or PSEUD_E, there are only blanks. I can't figure out which pseudepigrapha I'm looking at.

I've found the PSEUD_T module pretty confusing, in that the chapter/verse numbers often do not match the English translations (especially Charlesworth), or that they are not properly linked to English translations (i.e., they just output blank space for the English translation).

Tim

Hey Tim,

This is what's in the Read me first.txt file. I also found this article: http://www.accordancebible.com/buzz/articles/pseud.php.

19 Martyrdom and Ascension of Isaiah A/B [isaiah_A, Isaiah_B]

R. H. Charles (ed.), The Ascension of Isaiah (London: A. & C. Black, 1900) 84-95 + B. P. Grenfell and A. S. Hunt (eds.), The Amherst Papyri . . . Part 1. The Ascension of Isaiah and Other Theological Fragments (London: H. Frowde, 1900) 4-10.

Recension A Accordance 1.1-3.9

Recension B Accorance 2.4-2.11

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! Where do you find the readme files? I checked both Charles and Grenfell/Hunt, and neither of their verse 3:3's is the same as the Isaiah_A 3:3 in Accordance (they are completely different verses).

Tim

Hi Timothy, they are in a read me folder in Accordance support

{USER FOLDER}/Library/Application\ Support/Accordance/Documentation/Read\ Mes/

or open a finder window, press CMD-SHFT-G and then paste ~/Library/Application\ Support/Accordance/Documentation/Read\ Mes/

into the entry field that opens

Edited by Ken Simpson

Or, almost every Accordance package comes with a module called "Accordance Module Info"/"Read-Me Modules" that you can find as an Accordance tool by searching your library.

Or... When in Accordance, click on the "Help" menu and "Read Mes" are the 3rd item on the list.

Thanks everyone! I now know how to get into the Read Mes. I'm still a bit unclear on the relationship between Accordance's chapter/verse numbering for Martyrdom/Ascension of Isaiah and the numbering of the two original texts—I consulted both originals and they have entirely different verses at "3:3."