3 replies to this topic

#1 Darin Franklin

Darin Franklin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

I'm searching for doubled words in GNT-T, like "amen amen".  I created a simple Greek Construct that does the job, but it is returning four verses that don't match at all.  I don't get these in GNT-TR, just in GNT-T.

My construct is just two INFLECT * words joined with AGREE Inflected and WITHIN 1.

Attached File  Double Word Construct.png   24.4KB   0 downloads

Mark 5:15 καὶ ἔρχονται πρὸς τὸν Ἰησοῦν καὶ θεωροῦσιν τὸν δαιμονιζόμενον καθήμενον ἱματισμένον καὶ σωφρονοῦντα, τὸν ἐσχηκότα τὸν λεγιῶνα, καὶ ἐφοβήθησαν.

Luke 6:20 ¶ Καὶ αὐτὸς ἐπάρας τοὺς ὀφθαλμοὺς αὐτοῦ εἰς τοὺς μαθητὰς αὐτοῦ ἔλεγεν·
    Μακάριοι οἱ πτωχοί,
        ὅτι ὑμετέρα ἐστὶν ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ θεοῦ.

Luke 12:32 Μὴ φοβοῦ, τὸ μικρὸν ποίμνιον, ὅτι εὐδόκησεν ὁ πατὴρ ὑμῶν δοῦναι ὑμῖν τὴν βασιλείαν.

Luke 13:34 ¶     Ἰερουσαλὴμ Ἰερουσαλήμ, ἡ ἀποκτείνουσα τοὺς προφήτας καὶ λιθοβολοῦσα τοὺς ἀπεσταλμένους πρὸς αὐτήν, ποσάκις ἠθέλησα ἐπισυνάξαι τὰ τέκνα σου ὃν τρόπον ὄρνις τὴν ἑαυτῆς νοσσιὰν ὑπὸ τὰς πτέρυγας, καὶ οὐκ ἠθελήσατε.

#2 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:04 PM

The words interestingly appear to be inflected in the same way.

Try adding Lexical to the agree. That seems to get rid of it.

I don't know why the GNT-TR doesn't have that behaviour but I suspect it's a difference in the tagging.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler, Yesterday, 10:07 PM.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop

Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge

12GB RAM                                8GB RAM

Accordance 10.4.3.2                     Accordance 10.4.3.2 and Aleph 10.4.3.2

OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

#3 Darin Franklin

Darin Franklin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 PM

Good idea. Adding Lexical removed them.

I see the problem now.  I did Parsing on the verses, and the highlighted words are actually doubled in the tagging list.  They have alternative tags, like noun/adjective.  So each word was matching itself.

#4 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted Today, 02:25 AM

If that were the case I would think this was a bug. I believe that the double tagging is not the reason. I think the point is that the inflection is simply the same in both cases - eg.

Luke 12:32 Μὴ φοβοῦ, τὸ μικρὸν ποίμνιον, ὅτι εὐδόκησεν ὁ πατὴρ ὑμῶν δοῦναι ὑμῖν τὴν βασιλείαν.

But I think there are bugs here also. For example, in the above why is τὸ not also highlighted if my theory is correct. And if I run this query on Luke by adding [range luke] to the query I get one less hit in Luke than I get without the range restriction.

And curious also is this :

Luke 13:34     Ἰερουσαλὴμ Ἰερουσαλήμ, ἡ ἀποκτείνουσα τοὺς προφήτας καὶ λιθοβολοῦσα τοὺς ἀπεσταλμένους πρὸς αὐτήν, ποσάκις ἠθέλησα ἐπισυνάξαι τὰ τέκνα σου ὃν τρόπον ὄρνις τὴν ἑαυτῆς νοσσιὰν ὑπὸ τὰς πτέρυγας, καὶ οὐκ ἠθελήσατε.

Why is Ἰερουσαλὴμ Ἰερουσαλήμ not highlighted ?

These were done with your original search shown above but using the GNT28-T as opposed to GNT-T.

And this oddity, switching scope to sentence and leaving range at luke includes one verse from Mark.

There seem to be some very odd things going on here.

Its late - I'll have to play with this more.

Edited by Daniel Semler, Today, 02:25 AM.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop

Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge

12GB RAM                                8GB RAM

Accordance 10.4.3.2                     Accordance 10.4.3.2 and Aleph 10.4.3.2

OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users