Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

While adding some notes to Luke 3, I looked up at my edit notes and saw the verse reference (for the note I was writing) listed as Rev. 22:23449. Obviously this is nonexistant. I cut the text and closed the edit window. I was asked if I wanted to save the edit, and I clicked yes. A warning dialog flashed on the screen and then disappeared, too quickly for me to read it. When I clicked in the correct verse and hit Command-U, everything worked as it should

I am guessing that this is just a fluke related to something odd on my computer; this is the second time today Accordance has misbehaved, Firefox was as slow as molasses, and I found a strangely named file on my desktop. I have since shut down and restarted. I'll let you know if I see this behavior again, but I wanted to report it now before I lost the specific fictitious verse reference, just in case that was significant.

Thanks again for an awesome program!

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:37 PM

Rev. 22:23449.

How interesting--I saw this earlier today in my "Go To" box (not in the "Edit" window), except it read on different occasions Rev. 22:24887, 24847, and 24855. It happens consistently whenever I click inside the My Notes pane.

One variable: it is happening on my G5 desktop, but not on my PowerBook G4, both of which are running Accordance 7.1.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

That is interesting! I'm working on an iBook G4, Mac OS 10.4.8, Accordance 7.1. When I add a notes pane and click on it, the "Go to" Box reverts to Genesis 1:2 (perhaps normal behavior?) If I click in a verse in a text pane, the "Go to" box shifts to the verse I've clicked in.

So far since my complete restart I haven't seen the odd Revelation verse behavior, but I haven't done a lot of note taking since then, either.

By the way, when Accordance restarted, I did see the warning dialog that disappeared. It was something about extra characters after the verse reference.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)

#4 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:36 PM

It happened again today. I've had Accordance open most of the day, usually in the background while I've been doing other things. Tonight I started working more directly with it, editing user notes and user tools, etc. I shifted over to NeoOffice to read a .doc file with notes on this Sunday's readings. I copied a passage to paste into my notes, returned to Accordance, clicked on the correct tab (a text tab, not a search tab), clicked in John 2:1. When the user note popped up, it was labeled Rev. 22:24496.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)

#5 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

A bit more information: While I had already had some notes in the user notes for John 2:1, they did not appear in the Rev. 22:24496 Edit User notes window. When I closed the odd window and, clicked in John 2:1 again, and then pressed command-U, the edit user note popped up correctly, with my previous notes intact.

I have had a lot of apps running today. Don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users