2 replies to this topic

#1 Susan Mackie

Susan Mackie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Today, 12:05 PM

I saw this last requested for iOS >18 mo ago with no plans to implement it. Is there any more recent development? (I'm really interested in Hebrew only, but I'm sure others would love the Greek too.)

#2 Pchris

Pchris

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament Exegesis, The Ancient Near East, the Hamito-Semitic languages, Ancient Greek, Mythology

Posted Today, 02:31 PM

I saw this last requested for iOS >18 mo ago with no plans to implement it. Is there any more recent development? (I'm really interested in Hebrew only, but I'm sure others would love the Greek too.)

Ancient Greek is extremely important for the understanding of the Old Testament, too - mainly because of the Septuagint. It is not just a translation, but more like a different version of the Old Testament with significant theological differences. Even though I focus mainly on Semitic languages (Hebrew and Akkadian in particular) in my work, I always make sure I don't forget my Greek either. Additionally, knowing Ancient Greek gives you the opportunity to read the Odyssey, the Iliad, Platon, Aristoteles et cetera and of course the New Testament in the original language. All good stuff!

With kind regards

Pchris

#3 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,802 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted Today, 04:29 PM

No recent developments. Our focus has been on some other more foundational features which will be included in an upcoming update. Once that is out, we have very ambitious plans. One step at a time. :)

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Serpentium