#1 A. Smith

A. Smith

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

Well, I'm having a very bad day with accordance today. Long story short, I lost my notes and the iOS app kept crashing (other posts about that already). Now, I've reinstalled the app and want to get my content back but it won't sync. Yes, I'm sure they're both on the same wifi network. I need help. This is not good . . .

Anthony Smith
Southwest Christian Church
Ocala, Florida

#2 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Is your iOS a device running 8.0.2? If so, try restarting your device. I've seen some threads on the Apple developer forums that mention Bonjour networking issues in 8.0.2 and recommend restarting as a workaround.

#3 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

For what it is worth I can not sync my iPhone 4s or iPad mini due to this network issue. I have restarted, no joy!

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

#4 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

Bob,

Are you also running the Yosemite beta?

Edited by Scott Knapp, 07 October 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#5 A. Smith

A. Smith

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

Well, restart resolved the issue of the apps seeing one another. However, there is now no option to synch user items (tools, notes, highlights, etc). No, I'm running mavericks. 

Attached Files

Anthony Smith
Ocala, Florida

#6 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

Yes, that is correct Scott!

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

#7 Mike Garrity

Mike Garrity

Gold

• Accordance
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

If you are linked to Dropbox then Accordance does not WiFi sync user content to avoid circular update problems.

Well, restart resolved the issue of the apps seeing one another. However, there is now no option to synch user items (tools, notes, highlights, etc). No, I'm running mavericks. 

Edited by Mike Garrity, 07 October 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#8 A. Smith

A. Smith

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

If you are linked to Dropbox then Accordance does not WiFi sync user content to avoid circular update problems.

I'm not. I disabled Dropbox. Also, if this is the case, something was wrong previous, because it was syncing both on demand. Hmm

Anthony Smith
Ocala, Florida

#9 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

It needs to be disabled on your iOS device also.

#10 Steve Wilkinson

Steve Wilkinson

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Christian apologetics, Tech stuff, cars, cooking, etc.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

I'm also having sync issues, though I'm on Accordance v9. Because of OS upgrade (to Mavericks a while back), it seemed to think my computer was new, so I did the erase option. But, when it tries to put stuff back on, it keeps popping up the same 'error' dialog saying a sync problem occurred and to contact support. I've tried only doing 1 section at a time or unchecking individual books that it seemed to fail on. I can get it though a sync with enough stuff disabled, but then I don't get that content. And, even when I get it to complete a sync, with say, all or most of my texts, a number of them end up not being there on the iPad. I know the sync is working because my user notes are being synced. (I'm on the latest iOS and Accordance on the iPad side.)

I'd upgrade to v11, but because I have a larger set of modules, the upgrade price is kind of prohibitive at this time. (I kind of agree with one of the 'review' comments on the upgrade page that it seems the upgrade price should be somewhat disconnected from the set of modules one owns, unless the modules have substantial update as well... or break them up so we can update as needed but keep the core app up to date more easily.)

Steve Wilkinson

Christian apologist • TilledSoil.org

Designer/Consultant • cgWerks.com

iMac / MacBook Air / iPad 2

#11 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Steve, no matter how many modules you have, you can upgrade to Accordance 11 by buying the Starter Collection, which as an Accordance 9 user would cost you 59.90. Accordance 10 users pay 49.90 for the same package, unless they bought Accordance 10 after Aug 1, 2014. 

If you want to upgrade your collection, you can pay more and get the new modules included in the new collections, but you don't have to do so to move to Accordance 11.

For example, I have the Library 8 (!) Intro and Scholars 8 Standard, plus a batch of additional modules.  I upgraded to Accordance 11 with the Starter Collection.  Sometime later, I'll upgrade to the Essential 11 collection. Previously, I didn't bother to upgrade to the 10 collections, because there wasn't a good upgrade path for me, given the extras I'd purchased.  The new custom upgrade option will work well for me, when my budget allows it.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#12 Steve Wilkinson

Steve Wilkinson

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Christian apologetics, Tech stuff, cars, cooking, etc.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

Steve, no matter how many modules you have, you can upgrade to Accordance 11 by buying the Starter Collection, which as an Accordance 9 user would cost you 59.90. Accordance 10 users pay 49.90 for the same package, unless they bought Accordance 10 after Aug 1, 2014.

Oh, thanks Lorinda! I'll look into that, especially as I'd like to update my iMac to Yosemite soon too. I thought I had to update at whatever level my collection is... which I do want to eventually do, but not right at the moment. (It would be interesting to hear, but I suppose the mismatch of v9 on the desktop and the latest on my iPad is at the root of my sync issues.)

Thanks much!

Steve Wilkinson

Christian apologist • TilledSoil.org

Designer/Consultant • cgWerks.com

iMac / MacBook Air / iPad 2

#13 RANorem

RANorem

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Family, Reading, Music
    Apple iMac running Yosemite, iPhone 5s with iOS 8.1

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

I have not been able to sync my notes since upgrading to Accordance 11.  Signed out of Dropbox on both my iPhone with 8.1.1 and OS X 10.1.1 Yosemite. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by RANorem, Yesterday, 03:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users