Yosemite bugs

Fabian

Hello

I have upgraded to Yosemite last night and now the red, yellow and green button left above are dead.

I can also close Accordance only with cmd+Q, cmd+W don't work anymore.

Update: Fullscreen and minimize works after App new start 1 (one) time. And then they are dead.

And another bug

All shortkeys in Safari are dead. Even to copy paste here in my request.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

You are using 10.4.3.2 ? Fullscreen/minimize etc. works for me (more than one time).

I can close all Windows except for the last one. (i need to force quit it - but im still on the beta Yosemite)

- im sure Accordance has a Yosemite compatibility update for 10 sooner than later.

Yes 10.4.3.2

Now I've tested one more time. The Fullscreen and Minimize now works. I have tested it 5 or 6 times before!

But the rest don't work....

If I'm right the Joel says that 10.4.5 is coming.

Edited by Fabian

My Yosemite-Accordance experience is not starting off well either. The red "Close" button does not work on the initial workspace. Once you click on the red button, the workspace freezes. At that point you have to "Quit Accordance" from the Menu in order to close the defunct workspace. This seems to only apply to the initial workspace.

I have two computers and am seeing the same issue on both:

1. Macbook Pro on which a performed a Yosemite upgrade

2. Macbook Air on which I did a fresh install of both Yosemite and Accordance

Anyone else besides Fabian and JayDee ... and me?

All,

In Yosemite, when closing the last Accordance window, the window will still be shown until you open the next window (or quit Accordance).

Accordance v10.4.5 will work around this issue and should be released soon (already submitted to Apple for review).

Mike

When I will by a User Bible the long Name above the other white field write. Then If I will backspace for a false caracter then the Backspace goes one right like the arrow right. The arrow left goes also right ->.

Greetings

Fabian

Hello

If I import a User Bible now with Yosemite, then Accordance recognize the <br> not.

In the Pic you'll see one another bug.

post-32723-0-82082500-1413667774_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

I have upgraded to Yosemite after it was announced. On Accordance 10.4.3.2, when I hit the Library button or I open a Workspace where the Library is open, Accordance crashes.

The Mac I use is a 2012 iMac with all the "Bells & Whistles". As well, in Yosemite the colour needs recalibration, as the contrast is very wrong.

As of last night, I've reinstalled 10.9.5.

The only issue I had so far with Yosemite was right after upgrading. I opened Accordance and the search box was gone. I just closed it and open a new Text and all was good. So far I am not experiencing any issues.

I had a lot of problems too after switching to Yosemite, what I did was delete my Accordance preferences files in Library (a hidden folder, press option key and click "go" on Finder's menu, then choose Library), Application Support, Accordance, Delete the preferences files. They will be rebuilt next time you open Accordance and all should be running smoothly.

Also, if you want to show the Library folder all the time, open terminal and type in the following, then press return. It will execute the command. Then restart finder (in force quit) and it should be displayed permanently.

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Add me to the list of folks with problems. The red and green buttons don't work (haven't tried the yellow button). After closing Accordance, I could not get it to start up again.

Accordance is definitely not ready for Yosemite.

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems. So far it has been working fine for me so there is hope.

• Like 2

When Accordance shut down on its own and opened a new workspace with a restart, I had dead radio buttons, too. When I opened a saved workspace, however, all was well. I think we can expect this to go away with Acc-11, but I know it's a but bit frustrating in the meantime.

I have had another issue with Yosemite, non-Accordance. When I put my MBookAir to sleep, it sometimes won't wake up the next morning. I have to force it to shut down and then restart. I expect that this will be addressed soon by Apple.

While annoying, these things are too to be expected. I can put up with the temporary glitches as long as they don't render my Macs (and Accordance) non-functional.

Hang in there, guys. I'm sure a fix is in the works.

Edited by Julie Falling

My Yosemite-Accordance experience is not starting off well either. The red "Close" button does not work on the initial workspace. Once you click on the red button, the workspace freezes. At that point you have to "Quit Accordance" from the Menu in order to close the defunct workspace. This seems to only apply to the initial workspace.

I have two computers and am seeing the same issue on both:

1. Macbook Pro on which a performed a Yosemite upgrade

2. Macbook Air on which I did a fresh install of both Yosemite and Accordance

Anyone else besides Fabian and JayDee ... and me?

Same problem here.

On my Mac, I had the same problem with dead radio buttons, but I thought could live with it until Version 11.

However on my Mac-air things have been a bit of a disaster.

1. Dead radio buttons

2. Library in chaos.

4. App closes if I open workspace.

5. Won't open if I begin with workspace.

Probably the first time ever I've had problems with an apple/accordance upgrade

Hoping we'll have v.11 or a fix soon.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Yikes, Paul. On my MBP thankfully all my work spaces open fine. Hope 11 comes out soon for you.

-Dan

I'm glad I'm sticking with Mavericks! At least for the moment.

• Like 1

I have had a number of problems with Accordance after the Yosemite upgrade.

I have a clean install of Yosemite, and a clean install of Accordance 10.3.4.2. I run a Mac Mini (Late 2012 w 16GB RAM, plugged into a 27" Apple Thunderbolt screen).

I have deleted preferences as Ryan suggested, and that did provide a little relief for actually opening a workspace.

I have observed the following issues:

• most of my workspaces won't open. The open command in the File menu will accept the workspace but it actually doesn't open. (I wonder if it has something to do with the complexity in the workspace. This has been an issue previously)
  • those workspaces that do open are the ones that are very simple (couple of tabs, nil multiple panes, zones)
  • starting from a a basic workspace with a text open, I can build complexity (multiple zones, multiple panes multiple tabs) into the workspace without any complaints from Accordance.
  • I can then save that workspace and reopen without any issues.

I have full confidence in the Accordance team that this is a temporary situation, and it is not necessarily a problem with Accordance.

Now I have finished typing this, I have a thought that may lead me to the cause of the problem. I will follow that thought and report back.

Cheers

Peter

Hello All,

I have this problem after the Yosemite upgrade:

Clicking the "Library" icon gets rid of the entire screen. I tried clicking the "Library" from the menu and it did the same thing (I tried at least 20 times to make sure it is a legit issue). Did anyone encounter this problem? What do you think is the solution?

Thanks!

Doulosnes, Yes I have library issues, sometimes I can't get the library window to show, other times I lose accordance altogether.

I was wondering if the Accordance Team are aware of the Yosemite Issues, and if there's any news of a fix. My worry is if we don't get some of these issues fixed that they will carry over into v.11. I'd love to resolve some of them before the upgrade.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Yes, we read all these posts and are working to fix the issues for both 10.4.5 and for 11.

The frustrating thing is that many are new issues in the release of Yosemite and were not there in the open beta version.

• Like 2

Oh please Apple, don't give Accordance more work, they have a lot to do to fulfill our wishes on "Feature and Module Request".

I am unable to start Accordance on the first try. It seems to start then just goes away before anything loads. It does work if I try it the second time. Also, I cannot usually open any saved desktops. It has to be the plain jane 2 tabs of text setup. I've tried recreating the saved desktops and that does not work either.

The red close button does not work but I RARELY use that. The keyboard shortcut does work.

Mac Mini Late 2012

2.3Ghz i7

16GB RAM

1TB HD

Yosemite 10.10

If anyone would like to post any workspaces that don't open, just compress it as a .zip file and attach it to your reply, so we can take a look. Thanks!