• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 01:09 AM

And Accordance lets you put all your personal books on your iPhone/iPad.. you cannot do that yet with them (and no time soon either, although they will sync smaller personal books to other desktop machines you own). As nice as somethings there are the speed of their mobile app compared to Accordance is night and day.

-Dan

Actually Dan, that is not quite true. You can upload to your road almost everything in your library. The only thing you miss are the sides and collections setting. But you can have almost your entire library in  the ipad and works exactly like Accordance does.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#42 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.

Posted Yesterday, 01:16 AM

Sorry guys, but I have to say I find this unfair.

Accordance just as well got many online bugs and server issues when it introduced it's new wonderful upgrade feature. Something similar might come once it's updated to Acc 11.

Had Logos 5 for one year now, and really no bugs whatsoever. On the other hand, my Accordance crashed a few times and contains some few small bugs.

HOWEVER, none of this is bad. Both companies bring just fabulous things to the table for us to enjoy. I respect both parties that they dare to bring new stuff even when it means problems, bugs, issues and everything else. No risk, no reward.

We humans are fallen and to expect perfection isn't normal nor makes one happy  :)

EDIT: fixed some grammar

I totally agree with this, Totally Unfair I have been using Logos for over two years without any major issues. No software is perfect and ALL will have bugs, even Accordance. So lets not start the bashing. Please. And Tony, far from glitter, Logos is extremely useful for Bible Study.  Many very happy thousand of Logos users do. In my experience those who complain about Logos have not care to learn it. Things like this bother me a lot. People, they are tools and they BOTH have the same end, HELP us study the Bible. Don't like it, don't buy it.  :angry: I think you guys need to be informed before making statements that are misleading and not true.

Edited by davidmedina, Yesterday, 01:18 AM.

• PhilT likes this
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#43 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:04 AM

Thank you for being at least one person who got my reference.

I am always at least one person. :)

• Abram K-J likes this

#44 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,098 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 AM

Actually Dan, that is not quite true. You can upload to your road almost everything in your library. The only thing you miss are the sides and collections setting. But you can have almost your entire library in  the ipad and works exactly like Accordance does.

But not personal books in the mobile apps, correct?

Edited by Scott Knapp, Yesterday, 07:11 AM.

#45 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 AM

I agree that broken promises, flawed software, poor customer service, price-gouging, etc., etc. are all important issues. However, let's be fair. Post such complaints on the forums for the company in question, so they have an opportunity to address them. Good companies value customers' feedback. It helps them improve their products and services. I know we at Accordance appreciate it. I'm going to assume other companies feel similarly. Let's do our best to restrict comments on this forum to those relevant to Accordance.

• JohnK, danieleburrow, David Knoll and 5 others like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#46 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:10 PM

I do apologize if I have been anyway unfair towards the competition. I did upgrade there and have been frustrated, I have expressed myself on their forums. In this thread I have only tried to point out ways in which Accordance is better than them. I could easily have noted how mobile Accordance has and awkward selection method compared to them. We know this is being worked on for a more natural selection. A representative from the other company flat-out said personal book sharing with mobile devices was not coming anytime soon (this for me was a disappointment because I had believed that was the point of this forthcoming feature). Sharing was just between computer installs. I could have mentioned that Accordance's user tools defect is that you cannot put pictures in them at this time. Both companies have work to do. Both products are useful. I am not getting rid of either. I realize it is wiser to not bring another company into discussions here at all, this is an Accordance forum. 

-Dan

• danieleburrow, Timothy Jenney, PhilT and 2 others like this

#47 rokas

rokas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:40 PM

I do apologize if I have been anyway unfair towards the competition. I did upgrade there and have been frustrated, I have expressed myself on their forums. In this thread I have only tried to point out ways in which Accordance is better than them. I could easily have noted how mobile Accordance has and awkward selection method compared to them. We know this is being worked on for a more natural selection. A representative from the other company flat-out said personal book sharing with mobile devices was not coming anytime soon (this for me was a disappointment because I had believed that was the point of this forthcoming feature). Sharing was just between computer installs. I could have mentioned that Accordance's user tools defect is that you cannot put pictures in them at this time. Both companies have work to do. Both products are useful. I am not getting rid of either. I realize it is wiser to not bring another company into discussions here at all, this is an Accordance forum.

-Dan

It does take courage to apologize openly, props for that (even though personally I don't see much guilt in it)! 

#48 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted Yesterday, 03:35 PM

Hi, Everyone!

It's not so much what was said, as the direction this thread seemed to be headed. I thought I'd post a gentle reminder to redirect.

I also respect Dan's apology and understand there was no ill intent on anyone's part.

Peace.

Edited by Timothy Jenney, Yesterday, 03:35 PM.

• danieleburrow likes this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#49 Dennis Miller

Dennis Miller

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted Today, 08:05 AM

David Medina, I'm not sure when you jumped on the Logos band wagon but believe me my agravations with there Mac product development is justified. Before I moved to Mac several years ago I was extremely happy and sold on Logos as the best bible software on the market. Then, I moved to Mac and tried to use there first Logos 3 for Mac version which was a total disaster and waited anxiously for the newly announced Logos 4 for Mac which promised to solve all of our problems. Well contrary to what one user stated those of us who bought into it early did in fact purchase and struggle through Alpha releases for several months before promised and still much broken Beta and RC versions came out. They moved onto Logos 5 without ever completing version 4 and regardless of what the software industry as a whole does in providing updates this is not the case with Logos 5 development. These have been ongoing developmental SR's attempting to get their product to the level of what was initially advertised to the consumer and purchased on the premise that soon you would have what the marketing hype promised. Now we have Logos 6 and an outrageous asking price to upgrade. Sorry but I'll stick to the fine work the Accordance development team does and be happy with a product that runs like a Mac app should. Plus an upgraded product with all the new bells and whistles for just $49, I can afford that much easier than $300+.

On the other side though since I have such a vast investment in Logos and frequent the communtiy pricing offers; I will continue to use Logos for research using the vast historical resources I have acquired for it. I will say that since upgrading to the latest generation Macbook Pro logos 5 does run smoother but still takes too long to get going compared to Accordance which is just fast and efficient in all it does.

Dr. J, Helen and all the rest are always available and helpful to the Accordance community. Thank you for that.

#50 Dennis Miller

Dennis Miller

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted Today, 08:09 AM

Sorry, Dr. J, I should have read down further before posting the previous reply. I'm done now and waiting patiently for the release of Accordance 11. :)

• Dan Francis likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Helen Brown