Search Error?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 William Varner

William Varner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Greek exegesis, hermeneutics, patristics, Civil War, grandchildren
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

I searched for all Future Participles in the NT and 13 were returned. One, however, is a present participle (katakrinwn in Romans 8:34). Any explanation?

Will

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

If you use Amplify > Language > Parsing, you'll see that future is an alternative parsing for the form. I was going to check Perseus, but the site seems unresponsive at the moment.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

If you look at the parsing window for Romans 8:34, you'll see that that participle has a secondary parsing in which it is a future participle. It is accounting for that secondary parsing, not just the parsing that shows up in the instant details box.

HTH,
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#4 William Varner

William Varner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Greek exegesis, hermeneutics, patristics, Civil War, grandchildren
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:48 AM

Yes, I now see that it has a double parsing, depending on where the accent was originally placed - ultima or penult.
Only the present participle parsing, however, showed up in the instant details window.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users