Bookmarks Syncing

Steve King

Do bookmarks sync with IOS yet or do we need version 2 of the IOS before this is implemented?

This is incorrect. v11 implemented a bookmarks format that is incompatible with the existing mobile app's version. It's on the list to adopt the new version in a future release.

Edited by Scott Knapp

Thanks for the info Scott. I assumed that was the case but thought I would check - I think it needs to be made plain that bookmarks will not currently sync with IOS otherwise people will be think that it is a bug. Another exciting thing to look forward to in the future of the Accordance mobile app.

• 4 months later...

I haven't seen any news about this being changed in v. 2, and my bookmarks do not sync cross-platform from iOS to Mac and vice versa with Accordance 11 and the iOS version 2. The bookmarks do sync between two iOS devices and/or between two Mac devices fine. Is this the expected behavior at this time?

Yes. The desktop team chose to implement a bookmark type and syncing scheme that was not compatible with the existing iOS app version. So it's on the to do list for the mobile app to adopt the desktop version but it is currently not a high priority item.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be good to see bookmarks sync between iOS and the desktop.

• 3 years later...

Is it still the case that bookmarks do not sync between iOS and the desktop (12.x)?

Not yet, but it's high on our current iOS developer's priority list.