#1 Jonna Schmidt

Jonna Schmidt

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

My name is Jonna Schmidt, and I purchased the Tischendorff apparatus a few months ago. Do you have any manuals to help me get started? For example, I was reading Bart Ehrman' book, Misquoting Jesus with regards to Mark 1:41. I am trying to understand the textual variant which Ehrman refers to:

splagcn. : D05 a ff2. orgisqeiß .. b g1. om | ceira:

I know that splagcn is the primary reading, and orgisgei is the "variant". What do all those markings mean?

Yes, I could just read the NET Notes -- but wanted to understand the Tischendorff apparatus: where do I go to get started?

#2 Billy

Billy

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

First, it looks like you might have some font issues. I'm not sure if they look like this in your Accordance or just on my browser. Here is what you posted should look like...

Attached File  tischapparatus.jpg   20.63KB   23 downloads

For reading the apparatus notes and intro, it is easier to open the module in it's own window (not under the text). This will allow you to better access and read the introductions. Then browse down to the section on "Reading Tischendorf" for help on how to read the apparatus. I use the Browser on the left of the module which expands like a table of contents (Click the triangle beside "Browser" near the text sizing buttons).

Attached File  Tischendorf.jpg   135.52KB   18 downloads

Billy Todd
Billy Todd
Mac Mini ('10), MacBook Air ('08), iPad 64/3g

#3 Jonna Schmidt

Jonna Schmidt

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:47 PM