Bible Arcing and Bracketing

Fabian

Looks very pretty. If I saw the point of it and decided it was worthwhile AND if they made a native Mac client I might be interested in it.

I think something like this might exist somewhere for Accordance, but for the life of me I have never understood why people want to do this. Apparently this is because I was not educated in North America, where I understand it is commonly taught in seminaries etc. Sorry, I just don't get it.

Try here: http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=GNT28-T.syntax

Edited by Alistair

We added the symbols for arcing and bracketing but no special functions except for columns which help to organize the words neatly.

Fabian, I asked the same question several months ago. You may want to search the forum as Dr. J and others gave some great suggestions and recommendations.

Alistair, Have you look at the Arcing website and gone through the free tutoirials? You may get the point then.

http://www.biblearc.com/

It is a very useful tool to help dig deeper into the Bible. It is highly recommended by many pastors and scholars as another tool for Bible study. Some may find it helpful and some may use other methods helpful.

Their app works online in all platforms and on the iPad.

Edited by davidmedina

David, no I haven't but I don't have "approx. 5-8 hours" to spare. Is there a ten-minute summary version?

Seems to me it gets you bogged down in analysing sentence structure and tagging parts of speech.

Furthermore, the Biblearc software doesn't have it already done for you, which to my mind would be the most useful thing to have is this sort of thing was important.

Bible arc is like diagramming except for clauses instead of words. It's a useful tool for studying the relationships between clauses. I did it for all of John's gospel a few years ago and it was a great study.

• 2 years later...

This discussion is running on another forum. But there are no link to an App Store App.