Hebrew Construct Problem-bug?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lawson Stone

Lawson Stone

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament and everything related to it; drystone masonry, classic firearms, jazz guitar, old west history and lore, straight razor shaving and collecting, great tea
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:18 PM

In Accordance 7.1, if I open a the Hebrew text BHS-W4 then open the New Hebrew Construct window and click on "ROOT" and drag it to a pane in the construct window, Accordance quits and I get the "Accordance has unexpectedly quit" message from OSX. All the other tags in the construct window drag correctly.

I'm running G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.9, 1.5 GB RAM and have never had aproblem with Accordance before other than the famous font problem a couple years back.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere."
--Anonymous Poet of "Beowulf"
Lawson G. Stone, Professor of Old Testament
Asbury Theological Seminary
Stonesfence-my website

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

Hm... OS X 10.4.9 hasn't been released as of today, so I'm assuming you meant 10.4.8 (unless you're a developer with access to the seeds, in which case this might reflect a bona fide conflict). I tried dragging ROOT to a column in Accordance 7.1 on both a G5 and Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (both running 10.4.8) with no ill effect. Can you check which version of BHS-W4 you're running (Accordance menu > About The Text...)? 4.4.3 is the latest version, which I was running.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,936 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for letting us know. If the Hebrew roots file is not present in the Gloss folder, this action does crash Accordance. We'll fix the bug, but in the meantime you need to find this file and place it in the Accordance folder or the Gloss folder. The 7.1 installer will reinstall the latest version for you.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Lawson Stone

Lawson Stone

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament and everything related to it; drystone masonry, classic firearms, jazz guitar, old west history and lore, straight razor shaving and collecting, great tea
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for letting us know. If the Hebrew roots file is not present in the Gloss folder, this action does crash Accordance. We'll fix the bug, but in the meantime you need to find this file and place it in the Accordance folder or the Gloss folder. The 7.1 installer will reinstall the latest version for you.

This did the trick. I had consolidated all my "Text" and "Tools" files into two folders (respectively) and moved the Gloss Folder into the Tools folder. Moving it back to the Accordance Folder "root" (for that folder) level fixed it.

And right, I have 10.4.8. Don't know why I said .9. The joys of encroaching senility I guess!

many thanks for the tip!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere."
--Anonymous Poet of "Beowulf"
Lawson G. Stone, Professor of Old Testament
Asbury Theological Seminary
Stonesfence-my website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users