Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mairead Sine

Mairead Sine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Christian Ethics, Study, Reading (especially biography, history, and sociology related to popular culture) Gaelic (Scot), Crafts and movies that make me cry.
  • Accordance Version:10.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Yesterday, 06:50 PM

I have Yosemite as my Mac operating system.  I have just installed Accordance 11.  I went to Easy Install and it says 

"Your user does not have permission to download or update modules.  The permissions for the Accordance folder may be changed by opening "Get Info" in the Finder."

So I went to the finder and I have allowed absolutely everyone to read and write.  However, I still get the same message.  I am feeling most incompetent.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,490 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 PM

This is a common problem after restoring from a backup or a migration. You need to find the Library/Application Support/Accordance folder and change the permissions on that folder and its contents. the problem is that there are 2 Library folders, the one on the hard drive and the invisible one in your user. To see the latter folder, open the Go menu and press your option key.

Our tech support staff will be glad to help you with this in the morning.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Mairead Sine

Mairead Sine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Christian Ethics, Study, Reading (especially biography, history, and sociology related to popular culture) Gaelic (Scot), Crafts and movies that make me cry.

Posted Yesterday, 09:24 PM

I'm sorry Helen, but I can't find a go Menu.  I've gone Application Support/Accordance and went to Get Info and everything is at read and write.  

Found the Go Menu.  I'll try again.

#4 Mairead Sine

Mairead Sine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted Today, 12:08 AM

I have gone into every folder, and everything that was in every one of those folders, and individually went into Get info and changed each and every one--and--it still won't install.

Help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users