EricC

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 01:50 AM

Say I've got several Bible modules up in parallel, and I want to copy a verse or range of verses from one of them to the clipboard. I know I can use Cmd - Opt - A and put in the reference and copy, but if I'm already at that location, that seems labor intensive. I thought maybe right click or two-finger click to bring up the context menu would do it, but "Copy" there seems only to apply if you've selected something.

#2 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.

Posted Yesterday, 02:27 AM

Click into that text that you've just found... hit Command A to select all and then Command C to copy and then Command Tab to switch to the app you're wanting to paste.

If this is something you do aLOT, you could install an automated Service that did this.

Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#3 EricC

EricC

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:35 AM

Hi, Joe,

Yes, that will work, but Cmd-A selects everything. What I'd like is a way to, say, right click and select "Copy Verse" if I only want one, or "Copy from [inserted currently selected verse #] to …" and let me choose down to what verse I want to select.

I have the services installed, but that seems to be working backwards for me. I'm in Accordance and find verses I want to use and insert them into a word processor. The way the services work (as I understand it), is that I'm in the word processor and already know what I want, so I type in the reference there, and Accordance fetches the text for me. That's fine, but a rarer situation, I think.

#4 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Correctly, the Services are designed for when you have another app in the front. That's not what you want. I understood you to be saying you wanted to copy/paste the results of a specific search you have showing.

However, what you're wanting, is, say your Search Window is showing all of John 11 and then you are scrolling through and then find a single verse you want to copy and paste. Is that correct?

The only way to do that in Accordance is to highlight the selective text you want, and then work from there. 

Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

#5 EricC

EricC

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 PM

However, what you're wanting, is, say your Search Window is showing all of John 11 and then you are scrolling through and then find a single verse you want to copy and paste. Is that correct?

The only way to do that in Accordance is to highlight the selective text you want, and then work from there. 

Yes, that's what I'd like. Wow, I find it hard to believe that in Accordance there is not a simpler way to get a verse or range of them to the clipboard. What I'd like is a context menu that would allow the copying of one verse or a range starting with the one in focus. Here's an example from another Bible software program (when one right clicks anywhere in the verse):

Attached File  Example-Context menu (Right click) to copy verse or range.jpg   63.71KB   0 downloads

Does anyone else like that idea, or is it just me? (I have a feeling some Accordance power users somehow accomplish the same thing (or something similar) in some other way, so I'll be waiting to see what others suggest also.)

#6 Darin Franklin

Darin Franklin

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Yesterday, 02:32 PM

Click the beginning of the first verse. Shift-click the end of the last verse. Copy. For me, that's a lot easier than navigating a submenu for a particular number.

You can also collect verses into a reference list before copying. Click anywhere in the first verse. Shift-click anywhere in the last verse. Ctrl-Cmd-R to copy these to a reference list.  You can continue adding more verses the same way.  Then select all in the list and copy.

#7 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:43 PM

@EricC : I can see the utility of it Eric but it hasn't bothered me much one way or the other the way it is. I don't cut and paste all that frequently I suppose. But yes such a think would be handy. I do cut and paste chunks for translation and that is a set of contiguous verses so that would be a little faster.

Thx

D

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 11.0.1                       Accordance 11.0.1
      OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

#8 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:57 PM

I think that contextual menu "Copy current verse through…" interface quite bad.

There is no equivalent to it in Accordance (I'm pretty qualified as a power user, so can vouch for it. :)

If you can right click a verse, seems to me dragging across the verse(s) and then Copy, is not materially different.

Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

#9 EricC

EricC

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 PM

Click the beginning of the first verse. Shift-click the end of the last verse. Copy. For me, that's a lot easier than navigating a submenu for a particular number.

You can also collect verses into a reference list before copying. Click anywhere in the first verse. Shift-click anywhere in the last verse. Ctrl-Cmd-R to copy these to a reference list.  You can continue adding more verses the same way.  Then select all in the list and copy.

Precisely! Thanks, Darin. That is probably a workable alternative to what I wanted to do another way. Thanks for mentioning it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: copy, export, copy to clipboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users