Jonna Schmidt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Hi: 

I have had to deal with other matters, so I am just now getting "up to speed" with Accordance 11. So far... this has been a disappointment.

So.... I started with Dr. Jay's blog, #114 -- and I can not even figure out what he is referring to with regards to this new "info pane".

Sorry... but I am kind of upset. I have used Accordance for many years, and I am totally lost with this new version. I am basically starting new. Nothing "works" like it did before the upgrade. So... I was hoping that these podcasts would at least get me "back on track", but now, I am even more confused.

I am hoping that someone could help: MOUSE CLICK by MOUSE CLICK -- just how do I access this "info pane". I have used the "Accordance help feature", but it is totally useless: it just takes me to the MAC OPERATING SYSTEM "info pane" -- or their version of it. Based on the podcast: I can see that it might be potentially useful.

Just HOW do I access this?

#2 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

In a text tab, click on the drop down labeled Add Parallel. It is just above the text, on the right. The first entry is the Info Pane.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#3 Jonna Schmidt

Jonna Schmidt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

Somehow... my the grace of God... I finally figured out how at least access this new "info pane". It would be really helpful (for future upgrades) if you include: a step-by-step, mouse-click by mouse-click demonstration. It took CONSIDERABLE time, and even now: I am not sure if I just finally found this "info pane", strictly by accident.

Accordance 11 still crashes quite a bit.

#4 Jonna Schmidt

Jonna Schmidt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

Thanks so much for your help. Not sure why Accordance 11 has been a more difficult "upgrade". I can see (from the podcasts) that: when you understand the various "clicks" -- it can be very useful. Still... it has been a more difficult upgrade.

#5 Joe Laing

Joe Laing

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Jonna,

Are you syncing with DropBox?  If so, when "user tools" is selected to sync, you may have some issues with crashing.  Other than that issue, I haven't had any issues.

Hope this helps if it is your issue.

Joseph

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)