Jump to content


Photo

Search button and User Tools


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eoin

Eoin

    Member

  • Active Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Killin, SCOTLAND
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:09 AM

I have three User Tools in a group. After reading the blog "The Search Button" I decided it is about time I tried it out. The Search Button does a search on all three User Tools. When I look at the search results two of the tools work fine - selecting the reference takes me straight to the User Tool.

BUT - the third tool brings up an error message "The text XXXX is not currently available to Acccordance". I can't see any obvious differences in the structure of the tool - except that the tool causing the problem is the largest (1.3 M).
The Reverend John Lincoln
Minister
Parishes of Balquhidder linked with Killin and Ardeonaig
Scotland

My Webpage

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,209 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:46 AM

I am sorry but I do not follow what you are doing. These tools are in a Search All group, and when you try to search the group one gives an error? Can you open the tool directly? Can you search it directly?
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Eoin

Eoin

    Member

  • Active Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Killin, SCOTLAND
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:24 AM

I am sorry but I do not follow what you are doing. These tools are in a Search All group, and when you try to search the group one gives an error? Can you open the tool directly? Can you search it directly?


These tools are in a Search Group (3 tools in one group). All tools open individually - they all search individually.

When doing a search all - clicking on an item in the list from tools 1 and 2 - opens the relevant tool at the appropriate place.

Clicking on an item in the list from the 3rd tool brings up the message "The text XXXX is not currently available to Acccordance". The tool works normally when opened and searched individually. The problem is related to the Search Group command.

Edited by Eoin, 29 March 2007 - 05:25 AM.

The Reverend John Lincoln
Minister
Parishes of Balquhidder linked with Killin and Ardeonaig
Scotland

My Webpage

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,209 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:11 AM

Can you email me a copy of the offending tool? I would Zip it first.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,209 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:36 AM

This user tool had a long name including a hyphen. It works OK in Search All with a shortened name.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#6 dgzylstra

dgzylstra

    Member

  • Active Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oshawa, ON
  • Interests:Music (especially Canadian independent rock). Computers, comic books, my kids, my wife (this is obviously not in order of importance), reading, etc....
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

This user tool had a long name including a hyphen. It works OK in Search All with a shortened name.


I'm having a similar problem in that whenever I mouseover a New Testament Text reference in one of my user tools I get an error which says, "The text xxxx is not currently available to Accordance". I'm pretty sure this is because my Accordance is trying to load a Hebrew text in the Instant Details box (which works fine for the O.T., but obviously not for the N.T.). I've tried to change the default texts for the resource, but when I do, all of the fonts change for that user tool (Baker's Ascension) and then it will not retain the settings when I restart Accordance.

#7 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,209 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

I think something in the settings may be messed up. I would remove the tool from Arrange Modules, then maybe shorten the name of the module in the Finder (in OS X the tool you are using is in your User/Documents), and add it back, and then try to make the settings work for you.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users