Jump to content


Photo

Font Issue: Diacritics for transliterations


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas

Thomas

    Bronze

  • Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pasadena, CA

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:48 AM

Diacritical markings are not displaying the correct markings in the Instant Details window and in HALOT. I have attached examples of each; the image below is in Mellel with the items flagged as they should appear. I ran the Font Fixer (which did not fix), and then tried several fonts. Which font does Accordance prefer for this?

Thanks,

#2 jpkang

jpkang

    Platinum

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle, WA
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:07 AM

The Rosetta font is used for transliteration... did you try rebooting after running Font Fixer or the 7.1 installer? I'm guessing you're on an Intel Mac and that the Rosetta (!) emulation environment is using a cached version of the older font until you reboot.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,236 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

If the reboot does not work, you may need to open FontBook and see what fonts Rosetta ia accessing, and keep only the .famTrueType fonts in Library/Fonts, as the Accordance Fonts PDF explains.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Thomas

Thomas

    Bronze

  • Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pasadena, CA

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

Issue resolved :)

What I did:
1. Since this is a G4, the emulator issue didn't factor in.
2. I ran FontFixer, and rebooted, but the issue was still there. I did a variation on this by running FontFixer and logging out/in: nothing.
3. I checked the location of each font in the Rosetta font family, and verified their place in the Library (in accordance to the Font instructions and Helen)I even opened the font family in FontLab, but this was fruitless.
* :huh: *
4. So I thought about it a bit realizing that FontFixer wasn't fixing the issue. As a last hope, I went to Accordance downloads and thought, "I'll just start over and download FontFixer again," and that's when I saw it: an UPDATE to FontFixer! Yessss.


Thanks all.

Edited by Thomas, 04 April 2007 - 01:25 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users