• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Simon Cozens

Simon Cozens

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:10 AM

When I read the NT, I like to read with the NET/GNT-TRS/KJVS in parallel panes, and when I read the OT, I like to read with the NET/BHS/KJVS in parallel panes. I thought that text sets would be an obvious way to quickly get these panes set up when I open a new search window, but it seems like I can only use it to set up a new set of tabs, rather than panes.

The help says:

Open with automatic tiling tiles the windows in the set when they are opened as windows rather than tabs in a workspace. It also ties the scrolling of the windows or tabs.

which doesn't quite sound like what I want either (not that I understand how to open them "as windows rather than tabs"!) - I don't want tiled windows, I'd rather what you'd get by repeatedly clicking the "Add pane" buttons on the right of a search tab.

Is it possible to do this? At the moment it's not a hassle to change one module as I move from the OT to the NT, but if I put together more complex sets, it's going to get unwieldy.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:56 AM

For a particular set up of panes, I recommend you create windows for your OT work and your NT work with the arrangement you want, and either save them as a session or save them as the default startup session.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 jarcher

jarcher

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

Helen,

I thought the "Open with automatic tiling" option would be a fix for my "Compare Texts" feature request as well. However, either I don't understand what that feature actually does or it doesn't work. Can you please explain it?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users