#1 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

I would like to request a small time-saving feature. Often when discussing a single word in an essay, you refer to the lexical form. This means that users have to triple-click the word to open it in a lexicon, then highlight the word and copy it from there. I would like to be able to copy the word in the text window, and have a special copy function called "copy lexical form".

Thanks.

#2 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:22 PM

Danny, as you know I like a good challenge, and I almost had a one key combo solution (using Quicksilver). The simplest access to the lemma is right click on a word and selet the contextual menu item "Search for/lemma" and then a recycled window displays the lemma with the word already highlighted and ready to copy.
I can't make a Quicksilver trigger to do this in one step (do the search, copy the word, close the window) because, once again, I'm foiled by the non-compliant mix of tool bar functions, menu options, and contextual menu items. Namely, there is no "Search for/lemma" menu option in Accordance... :(

If only you were quick enough to swing the pointer over to the instant details box to copy the lemma before it faded away... :)

Incidentally, I wouldn't vote for this function to be high on the "features to add" list.

Edited by Joe Weaks, 18 April 2007 - 07:37 PM.

Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#3 jarcher

jarcher

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:55 PM

I recommended this in the past as well.

http://www.accordanc...?showtopic=1252

I'll have to disagree with Joe on this one ;-) I think it would be very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users