#1 Mick Matousek

Mick Matousek

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

The Search All results window does not print completely nor are the results exportable nor they able to be copied to the clipboard. While designed as a hypertext window, the ability to employ searched entries and their hits in another document or application would be useful. I'd like to document where hits were found on a presentation slide or in a publication. The Print Command of the File menu should be 'greyed out' if printing was not intended. thanks.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

This is actually a "browser" style window, hence the size of the text is controlled by the setting in Preferences/Appearance.

It is true that you cannot export it, but I find if I print page 1, then scroll the window and print page 1 again, I can successfully print it or save it to PDF.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Mick Matousek

Mick Matousek

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

This is actually a "browser" style window, hence the size of the text is controlled by the setting in Preferences/Appearance.

It is true that you cannot export it, but I find if I print page 1, then scroll the window and print page 1 again, I can successfully print it or save it to PDF.

I did that work around. A screen capture is another solution. Still, it is a minor flaw to be fixed sometime. So, I assume this would be a generic limitation on ALL "browser" style windows that Accordance uses.

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:32 AM

The only other ones are the tools browser itself which does not print, and Arrange Modules which prints OK and saves and copies as an image. I guess we haven't had complaints about the Search All which has been around for about 10 years.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users