#1 Ed Cross

Ed Cross

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:King James Bible

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

Is it possible to get the first edition, the 1828 edition, of Webster's dictionary as a module?

Pastor Ed Cross

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,511 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

Anything is possible, but I do not believe that the work required to etext and prepare such a module would be justified by the demand.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Dan Wagner

Dan Wagner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:13 PM

What is the significance of the 1828 edition? I hear it promoted in church a lot these days.
When the Webster Dictionary was added to Accordance a few years ago, I was really impressed. It seems to have all of the scripture references and has a Biblical perspective. Is the 1828 edition that much better?

#4 Ed Cross

Ed Cross

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:58 AM

Anything is possible, but I do not believe that the work required to etext and prepare such a module would be justified by the demand.

You mean my demanding it would not be justification enough? Just kidding!

I have the eText in eSword and Swordsearcher on the Windows platform. Is it something that could be setup as a user tool or would it be too large?

#5 Ed Cross

Ed Cross

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

What is the significance of the 1828 edition? I hear it promoted in church a lot these days.
When the Webster Dictionary was added to Accordance a few years ago, I was really impressed. It seems to have all of the scripture references and has a Biblical perspective. Is the 1828 edition that much better?

It has historical significance, plus the English language has been devolving over the years. The Websters that is in Accordance is a 1913 edition almost 100 years after it's inception and I am certain there have been changes over the years. I study only the KJV so it is a great language tool for that purpose being closer to that time period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users