#1 Charles Stock

Charles Stock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Today Accordance began behaving strangely.

Every track pad click acts like a right click, bringing up the r-click menus. Meanwhile I can't perform any of the left click functions. I can't change the screen position of the workspace, click the Vs, Ch, Bk arrows, nor can I change the citation in the go to window. In the top bar lots of the selections are grayed out. To quit, I have to force quit from finder or Activity Monitor.

All my other programs are fine. I tried throwing out the Accordance Preferences folder and restarting, but that required a new log in or registration or something, so, I put the Preference folder back.

I ran disk utility, to see if a permission was corrupted. Is there a simple fix? I am in Turkey and it is Sunday, so I figured this was as good a way as any to get some help.

I have a MacBook Pro running OS 10.4.10, Accordance 7.3.

Thanks for your help.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

I have no idea what might cause this. Can you beg, borrow, or steal a mouse and see if that works normally? You did try rebooting the Mac?
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Charles Stock

Charles Stock

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

I had previously rebooted the Mac. But upon your suggestion, I rebooted it again and for good measure, several times in a row. I don't know if that cleared a cache out or some other strange thing happened, but Accordance is working again.

Many thanks!

One of my traveling friends has a mighty mouse, so I will check that out if it happens again on this trip. All is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users