4 replies to this topic

#1 yetsirah

yetsirah

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

I am searching through MISH-N. There are references [Lev. 23:10] [Lev. 10, 12, 23:10] etc..

If I was searching for Lev. 23:10 and wanted to get both instances of the above how would I do that?

j

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,765 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

Sorry, it is not that easy to do, since the references are treated as part of the text, but this search finds them:

Lev <AND> 23 <WITHIN 1 Words> 10
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 yetsirah

yetsirah

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

Sorry, it is not that easy to do, since the references are treated as part of the text, but this search finds them:

Lev <AND> 23 <WITHIN 1 Words> 10

Thank you Helen. Why won't ACC find Lev 23:10 within the word search? I was searching the references and thought that since it was part of the text I should be able to type that in. But, it doesn't work. Why not?

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,765 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

This is part of the text of the Mishna, not the verses reference of that text. But on a second look, in Bible text the punctuation is normally ignored, so you can just search for Lev 23 10. It will not find it (as it would in a tool) if the reference is Lev. 23 9-11.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 yetsirah

yetsirah

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

This is part of the text of the Mishna, not the verses reference of that text. But on a second look, in Bible text the punctuation is normally ignored, so you can just search for Lev 23 10. It will not find it (as it would in a tool) if the reference is Lev. 23 9-11.

Thank you,

not sure why I couldn't have figured that out :) I think I tried with a verse that just wasn't there. On your last note Lev 23 10 11 works perfectly. I would like to define a range but this will work in the meantime.

j

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users