7.3 and Intel?

csonni

I just downloaded the 7.3 update for OSX. Install went okay, but when starting up Accordance, it said it was not designed for this architecture. I dragged over the Accordance.app from the clone on my external drive. Runs okay now, and also starts up faster, but the app is still 7.2.1. I am wondering what to do now. I don't see an Intel version of the 7.3 update on the site. Could I have corrupted anything by installing the PPC update? It works fine so far.

I cannot reproduce your problem. 7.3 runs OK on the MacIntel. Exactly which installer did you download? The 7.2.1 should also be OK, as unless the file name says .ppc, it is the OS X app and will cause no problems. Classic programs will not run at all. We do not yet have a native Intel version, but it is coming.

Just downloaded the .dmg file at your Programs and Installers

http://www.accordancebible.com/resources/d..._installers.php

Definitely won't run on my MacBook (latest MacBook out in June). Should I try again?

Carl

I just tested it on my MacBook and both the installer and the program run fine. Yes, try running the installer again.

I downloaded and installed the .sit file. WOrked without a hitch. Not sure what happened with the .dmg.

Thanks.

Were you, by any chance, using Firefox to download the DMG file? I seem to remember that I've sometimes had problems downloading Accordance DMG files using Firefox....They appear to download o.k., but they don't always work right. I usually opt for the sit file because of that. I can (usually) download dmgs from the NeoOffice site without problems using Firefox. That's not to say it's an OakTree/Accordance problem; it's probably something in Firefox that's a little flaky.

Archived